06

Chapter six
Snow
December 23rd 1972
Willa's POV:
"We should go outside and have a snowball fight." Freddie suggested. Roger looked outside and said "it's freezing." "Come on. We could build our own forts and have a legitimate snow ball fight." Freddie said. John shrugged and said "let's do it." Brian made a face and said "I don't wanna get frostbite." Freddie rolled his eyes while putting on his coat. "You're not. We can all be on teams. Brian you take Willa. Deaky can take Dawn and I'll take Roger." Roger huffed and said "why do you get to pick the teams?" "Because no one can trust you around females. You're such a slut for them." I giggled and Roger rolled his eyes. I put on my coat and the six of us went outside. Dawn had a huge backyard and Jim said "make sure you don't spend too long out there. It's cold." "We don't, dad." Dawn replied. Brian and I went to the far end and Roger and Freddie were diagonal from us while Dawn and Deaky were across the way. Brian huffed as he shivered. "Lighten up will ya? This is going to be fun." Brian shrugged and began helping me make a fort. Once we got the fort made Freddie peeked his head over his. "You're going down." He said. "We'll see about that." I replied. No one ever would've thought Deaky would've been the first one to throw a snowball. It hit Freddie right in the face and he gasped. Brian's mouth dropped and Roger said "shit." Freddie looked over at Deaky who was giggling. Freddie got some snow and made it into a ball, throwing it at Deaky. He didn't hit Deaky but the snowball hit their fort and Dawn went to throw one at me. I ducked and Roger said "snowball fight!" Then it was just hurling balls of snow. Brian made a snowball and said "I'm going." I nodded and he threw one at Roger, making him squeal. "Get him! Get him!" Freddie said as he threw one at Brian, hitting him in the chest. Brian looked at his chest that was covered in snow and Freddie said "got you, darling." Dawn threw one at Roger and he said "stop targeting me!" Brian threw one at Deaky who gladly threw one at his face. I got Freddie in the arm because I didn't want to hit him in the face. He noticed but didn't say anything. After the second or third time I hit Freddie on the arm, Roger said "not fair! You're going easy on him!" I made a snowball and threw it directly at Roger's face. He wiped the snow off his face and I giggled. "Willa, get down." I felt Brian pull me to the ground and Deaky said "I almost had her! Why'd you have to go and do that Brian?" I was on top of Brian and I said "thanks." "You're welcome." I went to get up and another one came flying. "Get the hell up!" Roger yelled. I sat up and Brian still had a hold of my arms. "We gotta take out Roger. We gotta get him good." Brian said. I nodded and made the biggest snowball I could. Brian did the same and we waited until Roger went to get another one. Brian and I both stood up and Freddie yelped, immediately ducking. Roger stood up while looking down at Freddie. "Get up." He said. Deaky and Dawn has stopped at this point. When Roger looked over and Brian and I, we pelted him with our snowballs. Roger screamed and said "that's it! I forfeit!" Freddie was laughing and said "did ya hear that? He's giving up!" Deaky began laughing and Brian said "so that means we win?" Freddie was rolling around in the snow laughing. Roger stomped back to the house and that made Freddie laugh even more. Deaky said "I'm cold so I'm going in. I'm not accepting defeat. I'm cold." I rolled my eyes playfully at him and he went inside. Dawn did the same and Freddie was still cracking up. I walked over to him and held out my hand. "Come on." I said. He took my hand and I pulled him up. He was still giggling and Brian smiled at how happy Freddie was. Once we got inside Freddie had snow all in his hair. "Dawn do you have a comb so I can get this snow out?" Freddie looked at me and said "then my hair will be wet." "I'll blow dry it for you, relax." I said. Dawn handed me a comb and Roger was sitting in front of the fireplace, huffing. I sat Freddie down in the living room and Jim said "you've got snow all in your hair." Freddie nodded and said "I wouldn't of Roger hadn't of quit!" He began laughing again and Deaky giggled. I combed all the snow out of Freddie's hair. Jim handed him some hot chocolate which he gladly took. I grabbed the hair dryer and began blow drying his hair, making sure his hair wouldn't be wet. Once I was finished, Freddie shook out his hair, looking at himself in the mirror. I noticed Jim looking at him, watching Freddie fix his hair. When Freddie turned around Jim acted like he wasn't even looking at him. Freddie sat next to me and wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you." He said. I giggled and said "you're welcome." Roger scoffed and Brian said "you're still upset that you accepted defeat?" Freddie sniggered and Deaky said "you should've just hit Brian." Now it was Brian's turn to scoff. "Everyone was targeting me." "Not true." Dawn said. "I hit Freddie multiple times." I said. Freddie nodded and Roger said "you were hitting him on the arm. While I got hit in the face." "We didn't make a rule about where you could get it. I just didn't want to peg Freddie." I said. Roger rolled his eyes and said "of course. Everyone loves Freddie." Dawn looked at Roger and said "stop being a jerk." Freddie removed himself from me and said "I need a cigarette." He walked outside and Brian said "nice job." Roger sighed and said "shit." He went after Freddie and Jim said "so that's all because he accepted the loss and you were hitting him on the arm?" I nodded and Jim said "why didn't you want to throw snow in his face?" "I didn't want to be mean. And he was in close proximity to me. Also he was the only one I could hit." I replied. Deaky said "you were too far, Brian. Or I would've kept hitting you." "You did. You got me at least five times." He said. Dawn smirked and and Deaky said "well looks like I'm the best here then." Brian rolled his eyes and Freddie came back inside, Roger following him. "Is everything good?" Jim asked. Roger didn't answer, he went to the kitchen and Jim said "Freddie?" Freddie looked over and said "yes?" "Are the two of you ok? Everything is good?" Freddie nodded and said "yes. Everything's fine." Roger came in the room and said "it's good." Jim nodded and said "good. I don't want any fighting in my house." "I wouldn't do that in your house, sir." Freddie said as he sat back down next to me. The rest of the night consisted of us sitting around the fire and drinking hot chocolate.

Here's the update! I really liked writing this one. And I'm sorry for the time skip but I really want to get this book started.
~skylar🌈☁️🌈☁️