030

Chapter thirty
"Roger's jealous."
June 18th 1974
Willa's POV:
I set down our order of pastries on the table and Freddie said "these look amazing." John leaned over the table and grabbed a muffin, placing it on his plate. "Boys, look here." John looked up and Roger smiled really big at the camera. Freddie and Brian looked up and I took the picture. "Where's Dawn?" Roger asked. "She's helping her dad with a job today. Her dad is a hairdresser and supposedly they're doing someone really famous." John said. I sat down next to Brian and grabbed a cookie. Brian grabbed a cupcake, biting into it. Roger grabbed a slice of cake and said "this is mine." "Good cause nobody wanted it." John said. Freddie giggled and Roger rolled his eyes. I grabbed a napkin and wiped some of the icing off of Brian's mouth and I turned to see all three boys staring at me. Freddie has a smirk on his face and John was slightly glaring at Brian. Roger looked with an annoyed look. "What's wrong with you?" I said. "Roger's jealous." Freddie said while trying not to laugh. Brian looked at Roger who said "I'm going to get a girl. Just wait." There was a guy at the counter who had blonde hair, he was waiting on his coffee. I watched his eyes go towards Freddie and they lingered on him. Freddie noticed and looked the man up and down, looking away from him when John said something to him. Roger grabbed another piece of cake and I said "don't make yourself sick." Roger huffed and said "you act like I ate the whole cake." Brian looked at the cake and said "you almost did. There's only a quarter left." John shook his head and the guy with the blonde hair left the bakery. "We've recorded most of the album. And then it'll be finished. Killer Queen will be the single." Freddie said, awaiting his band mates answers. Brian nodded and John did the same. Roger said "I like that one." Freddie smiled and said "good. I was hoping you guys would be ok with it." "Freddie we're fine with whatever you do as long as it isn't disco." Brian replied. Roger nodded in agreement and said "disco sucks." John looked over at the two of them and said "actually it does not suck because people listen to it don't they?" Brian quirked an eyebrow and said "what're you saying, John?" "I'm saying that it isn't all bad and maybe you should think before you speak. And I'm sure you're girlfriend likes disco." Brian looked at me and I said "what?" "Do you?" "Do I what?" I played stupid. Brian scoffed and John smirked at me. "Yes I do. But don't worry. Rock and roll is the best." I said. Roger patted my back and said "preach." Freddie shrugged and said "disco is quite nice. We should do a disco album one day." "No!" Roger and Brian said at the same time. I chuckled and said "wow." Freddie put his hands up in defense and said "fine. We won't." "We'll see about that." John mumbled. Brian rolled his eyes and Roger was too busy stuffing his face with cake to hear John's mumbling. The subject was changed and I was going through my camera bag which happened to have some pictures in it. I picked one up and saw that it was one from Freddie's New Year's Eve party. Brian sat in a chair, drunk as can be. I chuckled at it and Roger leaned over, looking at the picture. "When was that?" He asked. "Freddie's New Years party." I replied. Brian looked at the picture and said "I was drunk." "You were so cute though." Brian rolled his eyes and once we were finished with our pastries, we all headed back to our flats. Brian came to mine. I began to pick up my dirty clothes and felt eyes on me. Brian was staring at me and I said "what?" "You're something out of a dream. You're so beautiful." He mumbled. He motioned for me to come over where he was. I sat down on the couch and he pulled me into his lap. I giggled and he leaned down to kiss me, pressing his lips to mine. He pulled away and said "you think this album will be good?" I nodded and said "yes. Of course." Brian sighed and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What is it?" "Roger. He always says things about you and I. He says things." I cupped Brian's cheeks and said "don't worry about Roger. He's jealous. He's jealous he doesn't have a girlfriend." "He'll never get one as pretty as you." Brian said softly. I smiled and grabbed a cigarette, lighting it. I inhaled and then exhaled. "You know that's bad for you." Brian said. I shook my head and said "hasn't killed anyone yet. It's a stress reliever." I stood up and went to walk into the kitchen. "Why are you stressed?" Brian asked. "I have a big photography gig coming up. It's a big one. The family is paying me tremendously. It's a birthday party. For a little girl. She's about five or six and they live in this huge house." I inhaled and exhaled, smoke coming from my mouth. "They live in a huge house. Towards northern London. I'd be gone for a day or two. It's stressing me out because what if the pictures don't come out good? What if the parents are dissatisfied with me?" Brian took my cigarette that was currently dangling from my lips and put it out in the ashtray. "Willa, you have a talent and you're getting recognition. You could be Queen's photographer. We'll pay you. I'll pay you." I shook my head and said "I can't ask you to do that." "What if the management does? What if John Reid asked you to?" I bit my lip and he said "you'd do it right?" "Obviously." "Good. Cause I hope he'll ask you one day." I nodded and went to my bedroom, getting some gum to get rid of the tobacco taste in my mouth. Brian came in and said "mind if I spend the night?" I shook my head and he sat down on my bed next to me. "Don't be stressed." He kissed my hand and I hugged him, leaning my head on his shoulder. "We have some really big stuff coming up. I can't wait for you to hear all the music and see the things we're going to be doing." I pulled away from Brian and said "it's going to be great. The four of you are going to do amazing things and make so many people happy. Queen will be legendary one day." Brian leaned in, his lips inches away from mine. "Willa, you might not believe this but you're one of the most beautiful girls I've ever been with." His lips brushed up against mine as he spoke. "You're my first boyfriend and I want you to be the last. My last first boyfriend." I whispered. "I think I can do that." Brian replied as he kissed me.

The ending was kinda cute??? Eh? I get to write Killer Queen on Top of The Pops soon omg I can't wait😭😭😭
~skylar🌈☁️🌈☁️