07

𝐒𝐔𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒
lion-hearted girl

EVERYONE IN THE cafeteria, no matter how hard they tried, couldn't look away from the one and only Clary Saltzman

EVERYONE IN THE cafeteria, no matter how hard they tried, couldn't look away from the one and only Clary Saltzman. She was a fiery red head that looked small and innocent, but when you look her in her eyes, you could see something dark, something angry. She wasn't just small, she was a force to be recken with.

"Why the hell is everyone looking at me?" Clary snapped, sitting down in a seat beside Bella, her eyes narrowed as she looked around the cafeteria. She was tired of everyone wanting to get to know her.

"Because you're new and cool, ma'am," Jasper spoke up, shocking the Cullen family. She turned to him, pursing her lips. "Sorry... I mean, Clary."

Clary nodded before digging in her backpack, grabbing out a lunch that she made for herself. It was a peanut turkey sandwich with lettuce, Cheetos, grapes, and a mountain dew. It wasn't much, but she really didn't want to eat school food because it was disgusting and plus, there was like no food at Charlie's.

"You usually eat a lot more food than that," Bella spoke up, looking at her sister with growing worry when Clary just shrugged, biting into her sandwich. "Clary?"

"What?" Clary turned to her, allowing Bella to see the dark bags under her eyes, how her green eyes were more dull than usual, showing now life. The bags were purple and was very noticeable, something in which Bella didn't see this morning when they drove to school.

"Did you not get any sleep?" Belal questioned, more than worried now.

Clary shrugged. "Nah." It was as if it wasn't a big deal. She looked around at the people at the table and saw their worried gazes. "I've had worse sleepless nights before." Like when Hayley died and when Klaus and Elijah sacrificed themselves, she thought. "It's nothing new."

She had only stayed up all night because she was researching, trying to find out what was wrong with the Cullen's. For as long as she's known them, which wasn't very long, but she has never seen them even take one bite out of their food. And, the fact that they're adopted, yet, look too much alike is very weird, weird enough to have Clary's brain on overdrive.

"So, what's wrong with you guys?" She pointed to the Cullen's. "You haven't ate your food." She took another bite of her sandwich, locking eyes with every Cullen. Something about them hesitating and looking at eachother made Clary smirk.

"We're not that hungry. We had a big breakfast this morning," Edward spoke up, his voice smooth. His eyes never left her's, though a concentrated look did appear on his face, along with an annoyed one.

Clary tilted her head. "Even if I had a big breakfast, I would still be hungry, especially four hours later. If you're not hungry, you're not human." She saw them tense up which made her sit up straighter. Something was definitely up with them. They weren't human. "I'm just playing." She went back to eating het sandwich, stealing glances at everyone, noting that even Bella was sharing looks with them.

Clary nodded, narrowing her eyes, now knowing that Bella knew what they were which made her want to know even more.

As the bell rung, alerting them of Lunch ending. Clary quickly got out of her seat, grabbed her shit, and left the cafeteria, leaving the Cullen's and Bella staring after her.

AFTER SCHOOL, Clary left Bella in the dust, going straight to her room. She grabbed her laptop and plopped down on her bed, opening it. She face-timed Lizzie, knowing that Lizzie would be out of class by now, probably moping around her and Josie's shared room.

Lizzie answered with a big smile on her face. "I had a feeling you would call today! I'm so happy that I was right!"

"Is that Clary?" Josie suddenly appeared in front of the camera, smiling. "It's so good to see your face!"

"Yours, too, babes," Clary stated, smiling a smile so big that it just warmed up the room. It was surprising, yes, but when Clary is around those who she loves, she is the biggest softy to ever be. "Where's Hope?"

"She's with Landon," Lizzie said, rolling her eyes.

Clary smirked. "The cutie with beautiful eyes?"

"He is not cute," Lizzie denied, scoffing. "Anyway, why did you call?"

Clary sighed, about to say something, but stopped short when she heard Bella in the hall. "Hold on." She held up a finger and listened to Bella make her way to her room. "Okay. So, Bella has a boyfriend, and he and his family are weird. They are very pale, more pale than I've seen any human. They all have gold eyes, and I have never once seen them eat, even when they invited me over for dinner yesterday. And get this, they're all adopted which is fucking weird because they all look alike. Explain that."

"So, you're saying they're supernatural," Josie stated, a thoughtful look on her adorable face. "Do you know what kind?"

"No," Clary admitted. "If I did, I would've said so."

"You want us to do some research like the good old days, huh?" Lizzie smirked, mischief appearing in her eyes.

Clary smiled. "I do."

"The three musketeers at it, again," Lizzie commented, giggling with Josie.

"You mean four," a voice interrupted them. A body appeared in front of the camera before a face did. It was Hope.

"Sure, whatever, Satan." Lizzie rolled her eyes making Hope nudge her.

"Come on, guys," Clary whined, pouting. "Work together. For me?"

"Okay," Lizzie agreed, groaning while Josie and Hope smiled at her.

"Thanks." Clary smiled at her best friends — her family — before yawning. "I got to go to bed, im tired as fuck."

"Of course. Bye!" They all waved by and Clary shut her laptop, sighing. She really wasn't really going to sleep, but they didn't need to know that.

Looking out of her window, Clary smiled and stood up. She walked towards the window and opened it before leaping out, transforming into a wolf.