16

𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃
you don't even need to ask, i got you

𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃you don't even need to ask, i got you

CLARY SLOWLY APPROACHED Bella's room, sighing. She didn't really want to do it, but she knew that Bella was in a relationship and she seems happy.

She raised her fist and knocked on Bella's bedroom door before stepping back, waiting. And when Bella slowly opened her door, a confused and worried look on her face, Clary sent her a small smile. "Hey."

"Hi." Bella said, but it sounded more like a question. "What's wrong? What happened?"

Clary let out a breath. "Can I come in?" Bella nodded and she entered, walking halfway into the bedroom before stopping and turning to a curious Bella. "So... yesterday, I went out with Paul."

"Like a date?" Bella asked, smiling widely. Clary nodded, biting her lip. Bella's smile turned into a frown once she saw her sisters look. "Isn't that a good thing? I thought he really liked you. Did he do something?" Bella took a step towards her. "If he touched you--"

"No," Clary denied right away. "He was a perfect gentlemen."

Bella frowned in confusion. "Then what's the problem?"

Clary let out a breath and fell down onto Bella's bed, her face in her hands. "I really like him, Bella. And that's a terrible thing because I don't see things as permanent, everyone leaves, one way or another." She looked up, unleashed tears shining in her hazel-green eyes. "I don't want to lose him."

Bella sat down beside her and took her sisters hand in hers, her eyebrows furrowed. "All I know is that you have to take that risk, Clary." She sighed. "Don't be afraid to care about people, to have feelings, to express emotion, to speak what's on your heart, or to let people know what they mean to you. Don't be afraid to let go of your fears and step forward into relationships and commitments, even those that don't promise forever, because as humans, or hybrids, forever is a lot to promise."

Clary looked Bella in the eyes. "You're a human in love with a vampire, Bella. If he loves you as much as he says he does, he's going to turn you in to a vampire, as well. You saying forever, well, you mean it because you know you'll actually be with him forever, so it's different than with my situation because Paul can die, even I can die."

Bella clicked her tongue, trying to find the right words to make Clary feel better. "It's okay to be scared, to fear love, to fear death, because it makes you human, but, you gotta face those fears and risk it. Risk it all, because, while, yes, loving someone can turn up bad, there will be good to it, too. He can die, you can die, but the other will know that you were happy and that they were happy because you gave it a chance, you gave eachother a chance to make the other happy." Bella smiled at her. "Taking some risks are worth it, Clary, like the one you'll be taking with Paul, because the universe put you two together for a reason. You're meant to be."

Clary sniffled and looked away, thinking over Bella's words. While she has lost a lot of people, one being Klaus, she was happy to have known him, to have been there until his last breath. She was happy that she knew him, that she made his life so much better, that he went out with a smile on his face.

The red head nodded and turned to look at her half sister. She gave the brunette a small smile and wrapped her in a hug, feeling so grateful. "I'm so sorry that I've been such a fucking bitch, Bella. I just... I didn't want to leave the place I've basically known all my entire life, I didn't want to leave those I loved to come here to a father and sister I didn't even know anymore."

Bella sent her a smile. "I understand, it's fine."

Clary nodded and stood up. "While this was fun and all, I gotta go take a long, hot, soothing bath to calm my nerves and so that I can think over what I want to do more."

Bella watched as her sister left her room before smiling to herself. She was so happy that Clary was actually warming up to her enough to come to her for advice, even if it was about a boy.

And while Bella went to bed and Clary was in her soothing bath, Paul approached the edge of the woods in wolf form, wanting to make sure that his girl was safe and not in any harm.

•  •  •

im sorry that's it's really short, but it was mostly a filler and a little get-along with bella and her, so, yeah. . . also it's so tough for me writing my oc 'hating' bella bc i personally love her