17

𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒
i remembered when i first looked into your eyes and my world flipped

𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒i remembered when i first looked into your eyes and my world flipped

CLARY LOOKED TO Paul as they walked to the rez, her red hair blowing in the wind. Her mind was replaying everything that Bella had said to her. Take the risk. Some risks are worth it.

The question was; was breaking her heart worth it for this one boy, this one not who makes her heart skip a beat and makes her feel things she hasn't felt in so long?

Clary sighed and dragged her feet across the forest floor, looking away from the boy who -- no matter how hard she tried not to -- she had fallen for.

It's only been about two weeks since Paul and her first laid on eachother and there's already feelings between them. Maybe it was because of the imprint, but Clary dismissed that, because she had a choice whether or not her and Paul are romantic or platonic.

"Are you okay?"

Paul's voicd brought her out of her thoughts and she turned to him, forcing a smile. "Yeah... just thinking, is all."

Paul nodded, a dorky grin on his face. "Don't worry, they all love you."

Clary nodded, biting her lip. "What is this bonfire all about, again?"

"Just stories that have been passed down generation after generation," He told her, taking a hold of her hand, entwining their fingers. "It's about our kind of wolf and cold ones."

Clary nodded, understanding. "They're allowing me to come to this?"

Paul looked to her. "You're a part of this pack, now, Clary. Imprints have a right to know about us and about the dangers."

Clary froze for a second. Even though she's been a wolf for a little while, she's never actually been a part of a pack. While there is a pack at the Salvatore School, the ex alpha was a real jerk. Now, the alpha is Rafael, but Clary wasn't able to join the pack because she was sent to Forks before that happened.

As they approached Jacob's house, she could see a group gathered around the fire, eating hot dogs, laughing, and Billy sat at the natural head of the circle.

"Clary!" Seth, the cute little puppy lookinh boy, ran up to the red head and Paul. "Hey. It's about time, you got here. Jacob's been hoovering the grub. But, I saved you some burgers."

Clary couldn't help but chuckle. "Thanks."

Seth nodded. "I know how much you love food." He then looked behind them, hoping to see Lizzie, but felt bummed when he didn't spot her. "You're friends are still gone?" Not only was he really hoping to see Lizzie again, he knows that Embry wants to see Josie again.

Clary frowned, missing her friends more than anything. "Yeah, they're still home."

Seth's frown deepened before he nodded. "Anyway—" he cleared his throat. "It's about to start, come on!" He grabbed both Clary and Paul's hand, dragging them towards the bonfire. 

Billy began storytelling once the three of them sat down.

"The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning... But we've always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors... Shape shifters, that transform into the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies, and protect our tribe. One day our warriors came across a creature. . ."

Paul looked to Clary and smiled once she laid her head on his shoulder.

"It looked like a man, but it was hard like stone, and cold as ice... But only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear, the Cold Man was not alone. And they were right."

Paul placed an arm around Clary and kissed her forehead, something she smiled at.

"She took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe, after his son was killed. Taha Aki's Third Wife could sees that he would lose... The Third Wife was no magical being, no special powers, but one. . .Courage."

While Billy spoke, he was looking at Clary. He knew that she was Bella's half sister meaning she had to know about Cold Ones. And, even if she didn't, then she had to know these stories because she knew about the wolves.

"The Third Wife's sacrifice distracted the Cold Woman, long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time, our enemies have disappeared. But one remains... The Cold Ones."

Clary swallowed thickly, knowing what Billy was talking about and she knew he was warning her because of the way he was looking at her.

After the story, everyone started to chat, dance, eat, and just lounge around.

Clary looked to Paul who was laughing and talking to Embry. She sighed and gained his attention, and once she did, she gestured to the woods. He frowned and followed her lead.

When they got to a small clearing in the woods, away from prying ears, she turned to him, a soft expression on her face.

"Paul..." She sighed, trying to find the right words. "I've lost so many people, more people than I can count, honestly. And I care for you, I really, really do, and I wouldn't be able to stand it if I lost you." Paul opened his mouth, about to speak up when she cut him off. "I know there's a chance this could end up bad."

"Clary—"

Clary quickly cut him off. "But, I also knows there's a chance this thing between us could end up good. So, I'm willing to take this to the next step."

"What—"

Clary cut him off again, but this time, it was with a kiss.

It took him a second to process what was happening, but once he realized this her lips was on his and he wasn't doing anything, he quickly started to kiss her back.

He grabbed her face with both of his hands and smiled against her lips. His right hand lowered and made it's way down to her lower back. He pulled her body more into his, feeling complete with her there.

Pulling away, he rested his head on hers and smiled. "Thank you for giving us a chance," he whispered.

Clary lightly chuckled. "You're welcome." She pecked his lips.