12

𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓
i have to get past my legacy

𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐎𝐔𝐓i have to get past my legacy

CLARY GASPED AWAKE, her whole body sore. She groaned and sat up, but froze half way when her eyes came in contact with the Cullen's and Bella's. They all stood at the end of a bed which she was laying on, just staring at her. "What?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as she sat all the way up.

"What?" Bella repeated. "What?! We just saw you pass out after fighting James. You were impaled, bleeding to death. And then, all of a sudden, you were healing yourself. How the hell did you just heal like that?"

Clary sighed, grunting as she felt her stomach, her hands were completely soaked in blood, so was the rest of her.

"Answer me!" Bella shouted, her voice hoarse as she stepped forward, her eyes locked on Clary who had flinched at the tone, her head ringing. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry, it's just that—" she took in a deep breath. "I thought you died — I thought you were dead for good. I-I-I was beginning to have a panic attack, thinking I wouldn't be able to see you again, but then you started to heal yourself and — and—" She couldn't finish her sentence seeing as she turned into a sobbing mess.

"Well, I'm okay," Clary spoke, rolling her neck due to having a kink. "I need a shower," She stated as she looked down at herself, running her hands on her pants, both which was covered in dried blood. She then looked up at the Cullen's, seeing that they all needed answers, espeicllay a crying Bella. She let out a breath and sat straighter. "I'll explain everything after I take a shower, get a change of clothes, and eat something."

AFTER SHE WAS bathed and given new clothes, Clary was sitting down in the living room in front of everybody, all the while eating a sandwich.

"Are you going to explain how you healed really fast after fighting against a vampire?" Emmett questioned, curiosity taking over his features. He was basically jogging in place in excitement and wonder.

Clary bit off a piece of her sandwich and chewed it slowly, a smile appearing on her lips due to seeing their annoyed faces.

"Clary!" Bella snapped. She was exhausted. Ever since she ran into the ballet studio and seeing her half sister on the floor with a gaping wound in her stomach, she's been worried as hell. Add that onto the fact that she also saw her heal herself. It wasn't normal, and that's why they didn't take her to the hospital.

Clary rolled her. "Okay, okay. Jeez." She placed her sandwich on a plate before cracking her neck. "I healed the way I had because I am a werewolf."

"No, you're not," Rosalie spoke up, a glare set on her features. "Wolves don't heal like that."

"My kind does," Clary told her, huffing. "We have very fast healing powers, though, it can be slower down with a little something called Wolfsbane, which I'm pretty sure you all are familiar with."

"We are." Carisle nodded. "Why didn't you just tell us?"

Clary rose an eyebrow. "I wanted to be a hundred percent sure you could be trusted, especially since I didn't know what you were."

"What they were?" Bella asked, sending a cautious gaze to the Cullen's.

"They're fucking vampires, Bella," Clary snapped, crossing her arms. "How dumb do you think I am?" She pursed her lips. She wasn't about to tell them about Hope, Lizzie, and Josie upon wanting to protect them. "Plus, I just fought another vampire after you idiots exposed yourselves trying to act like humans while playing baseball which I find absolutely entertaining."

"So, you knew what we were all along?" Alice asked, tilting her head. She was very curious on why she wasn't able to see Clary's future, so now that she knows she's a werewolf, it all made sense.

Clary nodded. "Your vibes weirded out my magic and that's how I knew you weren't human."

"Magic?" Esme asked, a curious expression taking over her features. "What do you mean by 'magic'?"

"Oh, that's right." Clary chuckled. "I'm not only a werewolf, but also a witch — a hybrid, a mix of two different species."

"How can that be?" Carisle asked, wanting to learn more. He was always the one that wanted to learn about everything as much as possible.

"My mother is a werewolf, her mother was a witch. Both got passed down to me, so here I am, a hybrid freak, an abomination," Clary explained, shrugging when she saw their wide sympathetic eyes.

"So, you got around a vampire and you just changed?" Emmett asked, wondering how she turned since she was so young.

Clary let out a humorless chuckle. "That's not how my kind works, buddy-boy." She bit her lip, knowing that they won't stop asking her until she told them how she came to be, so she went ahead and told them. "To break our curse, you have to take a life."

"Oh, my—" Bella gasped, covering her mouth.

Clary sucked in a breath. "Either accidently or on purpose, it doesn't matter. Once someone dies by your hands no matter what it was that caused it, car accident, stab wound... you trigger the curse. Once that full moon rises, you turn, breaking every damn bone in your body over and over again until you turn into a big, furry monster called a werewolf." She didn't look anyone in the eyes as she explained. "Since I'm a hybrid, I don't have to change every full moon. I can change whenever I want and whenever. And even though it hurts like a son of a bitch, running through the woods freely makes up for all that pain."

"I am so sorry, Clary," Bella sat beside her and went to run her back when Clary scooted away from her. She didn't want to be sympathized. "If I knew—"

"You wouldn't of been able to do anything," Clary told her, shaking her head. "You can't stop from breaking the curse. The anger gets to you and once someone says the right thing to piss you off or touches you in the wrong way, you can't help it, you snap and boom, someone ends up dead. My kind of cursed wolves do not go past the age of eighteen without breaking the curse because the anger is too much to handle."

"Did someone..." Bella trailed off after hearing her words.

Rosalie was on the verge of crying, if only cold ones could cry. She knew where Clary's explanation was leading — she's been on the receiving end of someone touching you the wrong way, except, she couldn't fight back because she was weak.

"Did someone touch me?" Clary finished Bella's question, her throat feeling as though it was closing up. "Yeah... I guess you could say that. My boyfriend at the time was a little too drunk and was getting too handsy with me, and he wouldn't stop. I pushed him back and his head hit a tree harshly, he died almost instantly."

"Oh, you sweet thing," Esme sobbed, though, no tears were falling. "I am so sorry that happened to you."

"I was fifteen when it happened... only a year and a half ago," Clary spoke, almost as if in a daze. "You know what's terrible? It's the fact that sometimes I can't control myself. Both supernatural sides of me are always fighting eachother for full control. It get's so bad sometimes that I have to let it all out. Being a wolf is one thing, but put that with the powers of a witch and you have a damn bomb waiting to go off." She couldn't help herself, the words were just flowing from her mouth.

"I never knew you were struggling this much," Bella sobbed, feeling really sorry for her sister.

Clary cleared her throat, seeming to come out of her daze. Once she saw the sympathizing gazes of everyone, she stood up immediately. "You know what? Um..." She cleared her throat and clapped her hands awkwardly, backing towards the door. "I'm gonna go home and call my besties."

Before anyone could say or do anything, she was out the door.