Chapter 2

*picture above is professor Xavier Gardner portrayed by Scott Eastwood*

    Thankfully, the first day was laid back so far. In almost every class, the teachers went over the basics of what we would be covering this semester.

     I couldn't wait to get to my English class. I was really excited to be starting my major in English. Maddie was just excited to see if the teacher was hot or not. I rolled my eyes at her as she babbled on. 

      We rounded the final corner leading to our English class. There were a few girls crowded outside the door giggling.

      " Oh my god, did you see him?" The blonde one gushed.

     " YES! Ugh, I'd love to have him." The brunette swooned.

    " Guys shush, he's going to hear you." The other brunette barked under her breathe.

     Maddie instantly picked up her pace. She looked back at me and waggled her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and followed her to the door.

     " You ready?" She whispered.

    I nodded with a faint smile. I'd be spending the majority of the next 2 to 3 years with this teacher. Needless to say, I was nervous as hell. Was he nice? Would he even like me?

    As I followed Maddie inside, I stopped in the doorway and admired the large auditorium like room. There were rows upon rows of desks that ascended the room in a curve. The whiteboard stretched the length of the wall behind the teacher's desk. It was a very impressive classroom. Maddie elbowed me in the side, snapping me out of my awe stricken trance. She nodded her head towards our teacher.

     A strange sense of familiarity came over me. I swear I've seen him somewhere before. He looked up from the book he was holding and smiled at us. I froze in place, this wasn't happening. His piercing eyes were dangerously similar to Derek's. It couldn't be, I had to be imagining things. I tried to take a few deep breaths to calm myself but my mind was already running wildly. I could feel my knees begin to shake under my weight.

     " Alex? What's wrong?" Maddie's voice sounded so far away.

     She grabbed my arm and said something else but I didn't hear her.  Everything started to go blurry, I saw the teacher moving towards me and I collapsed. My vision went completely dark and everything around me went quiet.

~*~

     I could faintly hear people talking around me, I couldn't make out what they were saying though. I tried to open my eyes but my eyelids felt far to heavy.  It felt like I was lying on a bed of some kind. Where was I?

     " Is she going to be okay?" I heard Maddie croak, she'd clearly been crying.

     " Yes dear, she's just weak. She needs her rest right now" A woman reassured her. " Go on back to class. You can come back to bring her home in a few hours."

     I could hear the sound of footsteps and a door closing. I guess that was Maddie going back to class.

     " So, what exactly happened to her Mr. Gardner?" The woman asked in a polite tone.

     I heard a sigh, " I don't really know." His voice sounded strained. I wasn't sure if his accent was Scottish or Irish. It was very soothing nonetheless. Was this my English teacher?

    " I looked up from my text book and saw her standing in the door. I thought she was just nervous so I smiled at her. Then her face turned pale and she just collapsed." He continued.