Chapter 18

My chest heaved with panic, I had to get out of here. I felt sick to my stomach when I thought about him touching me. I forced the bile back down my throat as I looked around for my sneakers. I locked the bedroom door and quickly grabbed some clothes. I pulled on my jeans, sneakers and a warm sweater. I crept to the window, pulling it open as quietly as I could. I kept my fingers crossed that he was asleep and wouldn't hear me. I climbed out the window, landing roughly on the ground. I groaned as I cradled my arm to my chest. I stood up and looked at my surroundings. It was pitch black, the only thing visible were the trees all around.

       I carefully made my way around the cabin, trying my best to be quiet. I spotted a road and began slowly making my way down to it. The ground was covered in a thin blanket of snow. This was going to make covering my tracks alot harder. I had to think fast, I didn't know how much time I had before he noticed I was gone.

     I took off running, not sparing a look back. I don't know where I was going, but anywhere was better then that cabin. I ran until I couldn't anymore. A burning sting started to rip through my chest. I stopped and leaned against a tree to catch my breath. The cold air made my lungs ache, it hurt to breathe. I fell to the ground, breathing heavily. I couldn't catch my breath, was this how I died? Everything around me started to go fuzzy and I collapsed.

~*~

      I felt light as a feather, like I was floating through the air. Was I dead? No, I could hear snow crunching around me. Someone was carrying me. My eyes shot open, my heart instantly sank when I saw Derek.

I started struggling against him, trying to break free. He held me tighter against him and chuckled.

"How far did you think you were going to get Alex? There's noone around for miles." He said, a cocky smile spread across his face.  

I was not going back to that cabin. I braced myself, lifting my arm and smacking him in the head with my cast. He fell to the ground, dropping me in the process. I ignored the pain in my arm and scrambled to my feet. I started to run again, hoping I was faster. But I wasn't, I'd only gotten a few steps away from him when he tackled me to the ground.

"NO! LET GO OF ME!" I screamed. "HELP!  SOMEBODY HEL-" He covered my mouth, muffling my screams.

"If you try to run again, I'll break both your legs. That's a promise." He said slinging me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" I cried, punching his back.

"Fine."

He shrugged me off of his shoulder, letting me fall to the ground. I winced in pain when I landed on my arm. He stood over me with his arms crossed. I glared up at him, slowly getting to my feet. He grabbed my arm and started to drag me back to the cabin. I managed to pull myself away from him and tried to run again. I collapsed almost instantly, barely making it two feet away.

"One of your lungs was punctured when your ribs broke." He said, crouching down next to me. "You're not supposed to exert yourself until it heals. But I'm sure you found that out the hard way."

I drew in sharp breaths as I stared at him, he had me right where he wanted me. We were in the middle of nowhere and I physically couldn't run away, not with my injuries. I sighed in defeat, hanging my head in frustration.

"Are you going to let me carry you, or do we have to do this the hard way?" He sneered.

"No." I mumbled.