Chapter 27

When I came to, the room was dark. My wrists were tied to the arms of a chair and tape bound my ankles together. I looked down to see rope wrapped tightly around my torso. I sighed in frustration only to hear the sound come out muffled. There was a gag tied around my mouth. What the actual fuck is going on?

I looked around the apartment, Andrew was nowhere to be seen. I could feel my heartbeat increasing rapidly. Panic was setting in, the fear of impending doom overwhelmed me. I forced the tears back, I wouldn't give Andrew the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

"You're awake." His stoic voice rang out.

I looked to the hallway to see him fully emerge from the shadows. I pulled against the restraints around my wrists to no avail. A menacing grin spread across his face as he came closer, I glared at him.

"If I remove that gag and you scream, I'll slit your throat. Nod if you understand." His voice was cold, completely lacking of any kind of emotion.

My eyes went wide in fear. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This wasn't the same Andrew I grew up with. I nodded my head quickly, confirming I understood.

He stood infront of me and loosened the gag, letting it fall around my neck.

"Why are you doing this?" I whispered, trying my best to keep calm.

Andrew knelt down infront of me, sliding his hand up my thigh as he did so. He stopped just short of my hip and smirked. 

"Because we belong together Alex, don't you see that? You were supposed to be mine." He growled, tightening his grip on my leg.

My breath hitched in my throat, "Y-You killed my grandparents."

Andrew let go of my leg and stood up. He turned his back to me and began pacing infront of me. I looked around the room trying to locate my phone. It was on the kitchen counter about 10 feet away from me. I exhaled, frustrated.

"What are you going to do to me?" I said shakily.

A sinister smile appeared on his face, "We're going back to California. You're going to be my wife and have my children. We'll be one big happy family."

"And if I say no?"

He chuckled, "you don't have a choice in the matter, Alex."

His phone started ringing and he left the room to answer it. I tried to think of an escape plan but nothing was coming to mind. There was no way Andrew was going to untie me, he knew I'd run.

Andrew came back out the hallway with a scowl on his face. He walked up to me and pulled the gag back up over my mouth.

"I have to step out. I'll be back in an hour." He said walking to the living room.

He grabbed the tv remote off the coffee table and turned up the volume. He looked over at me and grinned.

"Got to make sure no one can hear you."

He grabbed my apartment keys and left, locking the door behind him. I listened to his footsteps getting quieter as they got further away. Once all I could here was the television, I started wiggling my head around. It took about 10 minutes before I finally got the gag to loosen around my mouth.

"Why is this happening to me." I groaned.

"Ping, ping, I'm sorry. I don't understand. Ping, ping."

I looked over to my phone, realizing the Google assistant on my phone must have picked up my voice. Then it dawned on me, this is how I get help.

"Hey Google, call Xavier on speaker." I spoke clearly.

"Okay, calling Xavier." She said back promptly, then the ringer started to chime through the speaker.