Chapter 16

~3rd Person POV~

Alexandra was rushed to the nearest hospital. She'd been deemed in critical condition before reaching the hospital. A surgery room had already been prepped and waiting for her. The doctor paced back and forth as he waited for the ambulance to arrive.

Two paramedics burst through the doors, meeting the doctor in the hallway.

"What have we got?"

"Female, early 20's. Head on collision. She was the passenger, the male driver only suffered minor injuries. The impact with a tree caused a branch to impale her head." The paramedic recited quickly.

"Surgery room C is prepped and waiting." The doctor said as he jogged alongside the paramedics.

Alexandra was wheeled into the surgery room. The surgeon, other attending doctors and nurses scrubbed in to go inside. Once in the operating room, they got to work treating Alexandra's injuries. The stick that had impaled her head was cut down to a smaller size, then carefully pulled out. Luckily there was only a small crack on the side of her skull.

Her right arm had to be reset in place from the impact. Four of her ribs were cracked, one puncturing her lung. They drained close to a litre of blood from her lung. Stitched multiple gashes across her face and body. She ended up with about 40 stitches overall.

Doctor's managed to stabilize her before transferring her to the ICU unit. They weren't sure what long term effects she'd have, if any. They just had to wait for her to wake up.

~*~

The doctor entered Derek's room to check his vitals. He tried to sit up but the doctor pushed him back down.

"Sir, you've been in an accident, you need to rest." He said sternly.

Derek sighed, "Where's Alexandra? Is she okay? I need to see her."

"She's stable. You need-"

"Stable isn't an answer Doc. Is she okay!?" Derek yelled, cutting him off.

The doctor sighed, "She's resting, which is what you should be doing."

Derek huffed, laying back down. "When can I see her?"

"Tomorrow. Now, rest. Doctor's orders."

Derek rolled his eyes at the doctor as he exited the room. He couldn't believe what a pompous jerk he was. He mulled over the accident, trying to remember what happened. He'd been arguing with Alexandra over something. It was nothing more then a blur now. After he saw the headlights from the oncoming truck, everything went black.

Derek was too restless to try and sleep, all he could think about was Alex. He did his best to get any information he could out of the nurses. All they would tell him is she had to have emergency surgery. She was currently in the intensive care unit. This did nothing but worry him even more. He needed to see her for himself. He would never forgive himself if anything happened to her. She meant everything to him.

~*~Alexandra's POV~*~

I could hear soft murmurs all around me. My eyelids felt like a ton, I wanted to open them but I couldn't lift them. I felt sick, I wanted to throw up but I couldn't move. What's wrong with me?