five

I didn't know how we were going to work. We were so different, we couldn't come up with a plan that we both agreed on. I don't think that Mustafa believes I should be in the match, that I'm not experienced enough. He didn't say it, but his face did. We rolled around, pinning each other from different positions. I felt like I was having to prove myself.

"You're counters are terrible" he said, easily hitting me.

"Thanks" I mumbled.

"You're too predicable" he judged again.

I groaned and threw my hands down. "Then what do you want me to do?"

He looked at me in surprise. "Why are you distracted?" He crossed his arms over his chest as he waited for my answer.

"Whose says I'm distracted?" I fought back. I didn't even know what I was fighting about.

"Clearly you are. You're not focusing, you didn't even kick me properly" he pointed out. "What I want you to do Calista" he took a step towards me. "Is to be the great wrestler that I know you can be and to forget whatever it is that's got you unfocused."

He has never called me Calista.

"Fine" I mumbled, crossing my arms. I was never going to forget. I moved to Detroit from melbourne after I split with Jake. But I never felt safe.

"Let's leave it for today" he said, turning around. I wasn't the push over he thought I was. I ran and grabbed him, giving a perfect super kick.

"You're right" I smiled, getting out of the ring. He looked at me in shock, but got out of the ring.

"Surprise huh, that's your forte?"

I nodded. I didn't really have a plan, I just waited until they weren't expecting it.

We walked down the street, iced latte in hand. It felt normal with Mustafa, which it shouldn't. How was he explaining why he was in Detroit and not back home? We walked into the pet store, hoping to find that white fluff ball I had been eyeing. He had such hate for his photo to be taken. I knew he was the one for me. We walked past rabbits, Mustafa having to pull me away from the bunnies. I heard the meow and walked straight towards the cats.

"Slow down there kangaroo" Mustafa laughed from behind me. I grabbed his hand and pulled him along, stopping outside their cages. I scanned all the cats, the kittens, the fluffy ones.

"Isn't that him?" Mustafa whispered, pouting to the back. There he was. Sitting there, looking at all the other cats with boredom. He was a long haired white cat.

"Hi little guy" I whispered to him, getting his attention.

"Can I help you?"

Mustafa smiled at the worker. "We're after a cat."

"Well, we have plenty available for adoption, any you like?" They asked, getting ready to open their pen.

"The white one" I said, pointing to him in the back.

"Oh" they laughed. "He has no character, we have plenty of other cats who are more suitable" they said, reaching for a kitten.

"No" I interrupted them, "him." The white fluff ball meowed as he walked up to me, brushing his head against my hand.

"Wow" the worker mumbled. I wanted to hit them.

"Aren't you gorgeous" I whispered to him. "I'll take him."

This was the start of me becoming a cat lady. I picked out various things for him, a bed, searching post and toys. Mustafa loaded them in the car whilst I filled out the paperwork.

"What are you going to name him?" He asked me as we drove back to my apartment. My cat sat in his carrier on Mustafa's lap.

"Teddy" I answered.

"Well he is fluffy" he laughed. "What are we doing after we drop this one off?"

We pulled into my apartment building. "Well I've got to go grocery shopping." I had to buy cat food and food for myself.

"Wanna take him and I'll get his stuff?" He asked, handing his carrier over to me. I was happy that I had Teddy. The idea of coming home to a cat was better than coming home to no one. Since Jake, my life hadn't been very interesting. I had been with three people after him. Two were one night stands, and the third was Mustafa.

We set up Teddy's bed, scratching post and bowls. He seemed happy, as soon as I let him out of the carrier he jumped on the couch and hasn't moved.

"He really seems to like you" Mustafa laughed as he nuzzled my leg as I sat next to him. I smiled at the furry cat.

"He found me."

"Should we go to the shopping, get dinner and talk about our training?"

I nodded, not wanting to leave Teddy.

"I'll be back soon" I whispered to the cat. He simply meowed in return.

Walking around the supermarket with Mustafa was strange. I was so use to doing this by myself.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked me as he pushed the trolley. I nodded, putting various vegetables in the trolley. "Why are you single?"

I dropped the beans I was holding. I didn't expect him to ask me that. Mustafa raised an eyebrow at my reaction. "I ah, just am" I groaned at my response. "I don't trust enough be in a relationship" I said, picking up the beans.

Mustafa didn't let it go as we walked around the store. "Did someone hurt you?" He guessed, making me stop with my hand around the deodorant can.

"No" I whispered but he saw through it. He didn't ask me about it again and we barely spoke as we find her my shopping. We picked up chinese on the way back home.

Teddy sat on the opposite couch watching us eat. I knew Mustafa was watching me, I just wanted him to let me finished before he asked any questions. The tv show became faint as he put down his food.

"Calista"

I turned to look at him, but I kept my eyes on my food.

"Did he hurt you?" He knew the answer to that. "Psychically?" I nodded not wanting to say it out loud. His eyes darkened but he contained his anger. "Is that why you became a wrestler?"

"Yes" I mumbled. "It took my three years to leave" I said the words out loud that I hadn't before. "It was when I got signed to nxt that I left."

Mustafa didn't say anything, just held me in his arms.

"And I see the pain again."

He looked down at me in confusion.

"I like having you around but I know I can't get use to it" I admitted with a tear down my face.

He sighed, squeezing me. "I know, I'm scared too."

Why was he scared?

"I'm scared that I don't care I'll ruin my marriage for you."

Please vote!

Unedited.