twenty two

I wasn't keen for this weeks live raw shows. TLC was next week and all I could think about was Adeel winning that title. There was so much going on, I needed time without someone asking me about Malak, or my feud with Charlotte. I kind of just wanted to be CJ for a day, not Calista the wrestler, or a home wrecker.

I had another match with Charlotte, and I was nervous. Although they're giving me the opportunity, I don't think I'm ready to be champion yet. Adeel would kill me, he's put so much effort into making me a better wrestler. We won the semi final, but have to throw the decider. As Adeel is number one contender, and I'm in a fued with Charlotte, we can't win. It's sad as I wanted one of my first victories to be the mixed match, but Adeel is more important. He slept soundly next to me whilst I scrolled though apartments on my phone. I needed to leave Detroit. With hell in a cell, TLC, and evolution being so close together, I haven't had time to look at moving.

"You know, you could just move to Chicago" Adeel said, his eyes still closed.

I stopped and looked at him. "What?"

He opened one eye. "I told you, move to Chicago." I knew Adeel was only staying with me whilst he found another place. "I've been looking at places" he said sitting up. "And I'd like you to move with me."

I almost thought I was hearing things. This was a step in our relationship that I wasn't sure we were ready for. We weren't public, I don't think his wife knew that I was the other woman.

"What about-"

He cut me off, knowing what I was going to say. "Papers are signed, offical yesterday."

I looked at him in shock, why didn't he tell me? When did he sign them? He's now divorced and it feels strange.

"I was going to tell you another way, but I am now yours." He leant over and kissed me, but I was still unsure.

"So what's next? Going public and moving together?" I asked nervously. Was I going to meet his wife? I had met one of his children, and it was awkward.

"Yeah it is" Adeel shrugged. "Don't decide now, think about" he said whilst getting out of bed. Easy to say, it was all I was going to think about now.

I didn't know how to be a mother, let alone a step mother. My own didn't give me any tips with the way she brought me up. How did I fit into his family? And how did Malak?

"I'm gonna go out for a bit, look around whilst you're at the gym" I said to Adeel who was getting changed.

"Are you sure?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'll be right" I nodded, getting out of bed. I needed to get out it this feeling depressed stage, I needed to dress fancy and walk and breathe in the air. Adeel was worried about me as I haven't been the same since I lost Malak. I tended to avoid being in public, only wore trackies and tee shirts.

I took time doing my make up, actually straightened my hair. I pulled on black skinny jeans with one of the fancy gold ring belts that everyone's wearing, with a cropped tee shirt and boots. It was the most effort I had made in a while.

"Won't be long" I kissed Adeel's cheek who had watched me the whole time. He looked concerned but let me leave.

I gripped my bag tight as I walked through the lobby. I hadn't been out without Adeel. Our hotel was in the CBD, so I didn't half to drive.

I felt like everyone was looking at me but I ignored as I walked through the mall, stopping in front of a tattoo parlour. I wasn't sure what Adeel would think, but he wasn't here to stop me. I already had some small tattoos, and I don't think he liked them.

I closed my eyes as the tattooist whose name I don't know ran the needle over my ribs. I had a rose on my sternum so the pain wasn't that bad. I sat up as they told me it was finished. The cursive script flowed perfectly with my rib. They wrapped it and I paid, leaving to the starbucks across the mall.

Being recognised was strange for me. I didn't like the cameras. I still smiled even though the sunglasses held the pain I was hiding. Adeel would be proud. I continued my shopping, buying things from various stores, Mac, Topshop, and Nike. I knew there was people who weren't fans taking photos, but I smiled and tried to look like I was having a good time.

When I got back to the hotel, Adeel was waiting for me, ready for the house show. He gave me a look when he saw the shopping bags, but smiled as he saw my face.

"Did you have fun?" He asked, taking the bags from my hands.

"I did" I said, pulling underwear out of a bag to show him.

"We don't have time for that" Adeel said quickly, putting the bags into my luggage.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"You've been gone all day" Adeel whilst he did up my bag. "We half to go."

I didn't know I had been that long, I thought he would be happy about me going out in public. I followed Adeel out of the hotel room. He hated being late.

We didn't talk on the way to the arena. I was hoping I didn't get a hit to the ribs because of my tattoo. I was wearing new gear tonight. I always travelled with all the ring gear I own even though I was wore my black set. We had just one our mixed match last night and my body was tired.

When we got to the arena I just wanted to sleep. My body was too tired to compete.

"All that walking wear you out?" Adeel asked as he got our bags out.

"I'm just sore" I whispered, taking my bag. I wasn't particularly bothered about getting ready, I would go out the way I was.

"Maybe we should see a doctor" Adeel said as we walked in. I was suppose to go for check ups after the miscarriage, but the appointments never worked with shows.

"Yeah maybe" I yawned.

"You need to take care of yourself Calista" Adeel sighed.

"I hate it when you call me Calista" I pouted. He opened the door to the locker room, dropping his bag.

"Roo, I just want you to be okay" he said, putting his hands on my shoulder.

"What if I don't win?" I whispered.

"You're going to loose matches roo" he chuckled.

"What if I can't win?" I looked up at him slowly.

"Then you can't" he said, kissing me. "Get ready" he said, taking his shirt off.

I was tired as I stood in the ring. My gear was white and I didn't normally wear white pants. I was worried people would tell me im fat, as these comments get to me. You just see Malak tattooed on my ribs, Adeel hadn't seen it yet. I managed to dodge Charlotte as she jumped off the top rope. I was so tired, I felt like I might go to sleep in the ring. I saw the kick coming and didn't dodge it, letting myself fall to the mat. I wanted to get up as she held my leg up, but didn't have any energy. The bell rung and I had lost my first match. I slid out of the ring, walking up the ramp. Adeel's match was before mine so he would have everything ready.

"You got a new tattoo?" He said as I walked in the locker room.

I nodded and pulled off my ring top, putting on the tee shirt he had out for me. He held my shirt up so he could look at the tattoo, closing his eyes as he did. He helped me take my boots and tights off, pulling the trackies up my legs. I feel like he knows I didn't try to win the match.

"Can we just sleep?" I whispered to Adeel who carried our bags whilst I held into his arm.

"Of course" he whispered back.

Unedited.