sixteen

I was nervous as I stood in LAX. It was my first international tour, and people were suspicious of Adeel and I. Sure we had the story line, but I looked more real to them. I felt better after telling Nattie about the miscarriage, although she spent nearly an hour apologising me for kicking me in the stomach.

"Ready to start getting that title?"

I turned around as Adeel stood behind me, wrapping my arms around him.

"I missed you" I whispered.

"I missed you too" he said, kissing me softly. "Are you nervous for your match?" He asked as we walked towards the gate.

I nodded my head, "I'm not sure I'll win" I said quietly. I was scared to go into this match with Charlotte.

Adeel immediately stopped. "Why?"

"Because I've never faced someone like her" I whispered as he stared down at me. He sighed an grabbed my hand as we walked towards the door, scanning our tickets.

"It's all in the head" he said as we walked into the tarmac. "If you're scared you'll loose, simple."

Adeel had more experience than me so it was easy for him. I'm just a psych drop out. I didn't say anything as we walked up the stairs, greeted by a flight attendant whose eyes were all over Adeel. I walked in front of him to the back of the plane, not waiting. He sighed as he followed me, showing our boarding passes to the awaiting flight attendant in first class.

"Roo" he said as I sat down.

"What" I mumbled.

"You can be an amazing wrestler, perfect in the ring" he said as he sat down next to me. "But if you don't have the mind, you're not going to get far."

I wasn't mentally strong enough?

"So you're saying that I'm not going to be good because I doubt myself and have emotions?" I crossed my arms and leant against the window.

Adeel gave me an 'are you serious look.'

"Calista, that's not what I said" he glared at me with an edge to his voice. "We're not doing this here" he said before pulling out his headphones.

And that was how the first half of the flight to London went, both of us not talking.

We had about four hours left of our flight, and we still hadn't talked. The only person he talked too was the flight attendant for food or water. For the past hour he's being asleep, and I stared at him the whole time. What would our baby have looked like? Would they have Adeel's dark hair or my platinum? My cloudy blue eyed or his dark chocolate?

Adeel opened his eyes and I looked away, sighing.

"Would you like anything to eat?" The flight attendant asked, handing Adeel and I a menu. Adeel took his but I shook my head and handed it back to her.

"No thanks."

Adeel looked at me but ordered something before handing the menu back to her. "You should eat something" he said, making me look at him.

"I'm not hungry" I said, looking away. The only thing I wanted was alcohol.

"Kangaroo" he sighed. "You need to eat, your body needs it" he said quietly.

The flight attendant returned, handing Adeel a plate of food that did look good.

"Can I have a glass of red wine?" I asked her, making Adeel glare at me.