thirteen

I hadn't told anyone about the pregnancy that was no more. After we got back to the hotel Adeel cornered me, making me talk. He promised that it didn't effect us, and that he was here whenever I needed. At the airport, he went to Chicago and I went to Detroit. I didn't do much when I got back, I mostly sat on the couch watching reality tv shows whilst cuddling Teddy.

I still hadn't processed that I was pregnant, or that I had a miscarriage. Adeel and I had a baby. If I had known I would have kept it, whether Adeel was in its life or not. I rubbed my stomach without releasing, waiting to see if a bump would grow. But I had to pretend like nothing happened, I had a match this week and soon there would be a number one contenders match for the championship.

I packed my bags for the week and realised I love him. I love Adeel. I had packed some of his shirts that he left, I plan on wearing them. I used to love living in Detroit, but it doesn't feel like home. I stared out the window, watching the cars drive past, maybe I had to move.

I seemed to get into the routine of leaving for the airport Monday morning pretty easy. I said goodbye to Teddy then loaded my bags into my car before driving to the airport. I felt alone. This was something I had done so much with Adeel, I needed him here. He was giving me space to cope with the loss, but I hadn't felt that yet. I was actually looking forward to this weeks raw, it was in New York. I always had this weird love for it when I was a child. Maybe this could be my new home.

My ribs were still painful after only breaking them a week ago, but I was still getting in the ring. People recognised me at the airport, which was weird. They mostly recognised me when Adeel was with me. People asked me for photos and I tried to smile. I was focusing on my match tonight. I was going to destroy Nikki Bella. But I had to get in the ring first. My ribs weren't healed, and Adeel didn't want me in the ring. I needed to prove something, prove that I needed that title shot.

I was happy when I landed in New York, I had people to talk to apart from my own thoughts. Today Adeel and I had a segment. It was happening before my match and after Adeel's. I was meeting Nattie at the airport since I hadn't driven around New York before. I spotted her at my flights baggage claim, holding her own bags.

"CJ!" She yelled as I walked over to her. "I haven't spoken to you for ages."

I had been spending a lot of time with Adeel lately.

"I know, I've been so busy with the mixed match lately" I said, looking away from her.

"I know, I'm going to kick your ass" she laughed. Our next mixed match was against Nattie and Kevin Ownes.

"We'll see" I smirked, grabbing my bag off the belt.

"How are your ribs?" She asked as we walked towards the car.

"They're good." I didn't want her to know it was my weak spot.

"Taking on Bella" she said, putting her bags in the boot. "It's going to be a good match."

"Oh it is" I smirked, putting my bag in. "When I beat her."

It was funny how everything had become about a championship. I didn't care if I didn't become number one contender right away, I just didn't want to lose the match when I got it.

"Have you thought about joining?" She asked me as she drove. I was about to ask her what she meant when I saw the camera. I was always on total divas when I was with Nattie.

"Maybe" I shrugged. "I'm on it now aren't I?"
I laughed.

We talked about previous nights out on the way to the arena, Nattie telling me the times the Bellas were drunk. I still think she's fake. We pulled up at the arena just as everyone else was. All of us were walking around and into each other. Normally, we all arrive at different times but today we arrived at the same time. I was looking for Adeel as we walked to the women's locker room.