twelve

I woke up feeling strange. Today is the last house show of the week, meaning another one weekend without Adeel. His phone had being going off, people talking about the photo. The only message that scared me was the one from management. We both got it.

You have a meeting, 6 tonight. Don't be late.

Did they know I was in the photo?

Adeel was calm, very calm. I was freaking out. It felt dizzy. I felt faint. My heart felt funny. On top of all that, I still had painful broken ribs. Despite that, I'd be back in the the ring next week.

"Maybe you should stay" Adeel said softly, standing behind me. I was going to go with him to the gym but my body wouldn't let me. I nodded and laid on the bed, the room still spinning.

"Maybe you should see a doctor" he said, leaning over me.

I shook my head. I can't afford any more time out of the ring. "I'll be fine, I just haven being eating properly."

He frowned but nodded, leaving for the gym whilst I felt faint. I tried to think of why I was like this, the only thing I could think of was that my iron was low. It ran in the family and only started to act up after my injury in nxt. I was suppose to have blood tests every three months to check, but never did after I was cleared to get back in the ring. I pulled the blanket up as I felt a wave of tiredness, closing my eyes.

"Kangaroo"
"Kangaroo"
"Roo"
"Calista!"

I woke up to see Adeel standing next to me, shaking me. "What" I mumbled, trying to turn over but felt too weak.

"We have to be at the arena in an hour" he said, pulling the bedding back. "You've been asleep all day" he pointed out.

"I know" I mumbled, standing and holding onto the wall. Adeel sighed and handed me some clothes, I thanked him and made my way to the bathroom.

It was just my iron.

I held onto Adeel's hand tightly as we walked through the arena. He seemed calm, like the photo didn't bother him at all. He let go of me me as we stopped at a door that said McMahon. Adeel knocked and I sighed, feeling faint again. The door opened and Adeel lead me in, sitting in the chair next to me.

"Mustafa, Calista" Stephanie said, sitting down with papers in front of her. "How are the ribs, Calista?" She turned to me.

I nodded, "good."

"Good, you have a match next week" she said before holding up the papers in front of her. I had a match? 

"Now you're here because we've noticed how close you two are." Oh god, they know. "So we're putting you in a love story line."

Oh they don't know.

"We want this to start next week at raw, here are you're scripts" she said before dismissing us.

I sat in Adeel's locker room, reading through the script. He had to be flirty during mixed matches, and we would have a segment where Adeel is caught hitting on me and asking me out. His match was first, and had been going for twenty minutes. I needed him, I didn't feel right. I stood, trying to find my way to the trainer. I held the wall, my vision blurry. I think I was there, or I had made it to the gorilla, I couldn't tell.

"Kangaroo?"

I knew it was his voice, I just didn't know where it was coming from.

"Roo, what's wrong?" He asked, wrapping his arms around me as I lost my balance.

"Feel" I could feel myself drifting away. "Faint" I mumbled, falling into his arms as my eyes closed.

There was beeping, continuous beeping. There was voices, they were talking about me. I opened my eyes slowly, the walls white and the light above me bright.

"Roo" I heard his soft voice.

"Adeel?" I whispered, moving my hand. His hand touched mine, stopping me from moving.

"Where am I?"

"You're in hospital" he said as I looked around. "You fainted."

"Jane" the doctor said, waking in.

"Calista" I cut him off, I had to change my name. I looked around and saw there was heart rate wires attached to me, and IV's in my arm.

"Calista" he said softly. "You fainted but we're going to some tests, okay?" He asked as a nurse walked in with an ultrasound machine.

"What kind of tests?" I asked nervous. Adeel's hand gripped mine, trying to calm me down.

"Just a simple ultrasound" he said but I knew there was something behind it. The doctor stood back as the nurse raised my gown, exposing my stomach. I looked over at Adeel and he held a sad look, he knew what was going on.

I flinched as the gel was placed on my stomach. I tried to look at the screen but it was pointed away form me. The doctor looked at the screen, sighing. I couldn't hear anything as she ran the stick over my stomach. He nodded to the nurse and she left with the machine.

"Calista" he said, sitting on the chair next to the bed. "When you came in, you were bleeding." I looked at him confused. "Calista" he sighed, "you had a miscarriage."

I didn't hear what he said next. The word was stuck in my head, miscarriage. I didn't even I know I was pregnant. It explains all the cravings, the potato and gravy and the strawberry shakes.

What did this mean for Adeel and I?

I didn't notice the doctor left until Adeel squeezed my hand. "Roo, did you hear?"
He asked softly. I shook my head.

"You lost the baby when you broke your ribs" he said slowly. "They missed it on the CT." I lost our baby after the mixed match.

The doctor returned with pamphlets on copping with a miscarriage. "Can I go?" I asked him, sitting up.

He looked at me in shock. "I well, we should monitor you" he said, nervously.

I shook my head, "no, I want to go home." I wasn't staying here. The doctor nodded and started speaking to Adeel as I looked at the ceiling.

Adeel signed my release papers as they removed my IV. He helped me get dressed before waking me out of the hospital.

"Calista" he said, getting my attention. "Cars that way" he pointed to his rental.

I felt broken. Adeel had left his stuff at the arena, so we had to go and get it. I didn't know I had a child, and that I can't accept. I was sure that Adeel would leave, he has two children that are alive, he didn't need me with a dead one.
The
Adeel pulled me out of the car, pulling me into the arena. He held my hand as we passed people.

"Adeel, people can see" I whispered as walked with his hand in mine.

"So" he shrugged. He grabbed his bag and lead me towards the exit.