A letter to someone special

Dear Nagisa,                                                                                                                                     November 30, 2017

             I'm not very good at writing letters. Nor am I any good at poetry, so I'll spare you of that  and only write you a letter. How are you? How have you been? It's been a while since we last talked, let alone see each other. Is your mother still giving you trouble? I hope not. Anyway, I remember you telling me that Christmas is your favourite holiday (see, I remembered something!), so I thought I'd write you a letter to say hi, and to wish you a merry Christmas. While I don't like Christmas, I do like you... that sounded so sappy. Like pine tree sap, haha... I'll stop now. I bet you I still like your smile more than anything.

          From your unpoetic-and-terrible-with-words lover,

                                 -Karma 

.................................

Dear Karma,                                                                                                                                  December 18, 2017

              I'm alright. It has been forever since we last saw each other, hasn't it? Mom doesn't give me that much trouble anymore, although she occasionally makes a hurtful comment or two. I was going to ask you if you wanted to hang out again, but then I realized you're still in New York, aren't you? What's it like there?

           I thought your pun was clever. Awful, but clever. And I'm sure you aren't that bad at poetry. You're probably better than me, on any case. Thank you for remembering that Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year. After all, it's you birthday. Merry Christmas to you. Your letter was much appreciated. Thank you. And I bet you that I still love your laugh more than anything.

            From your lover who-has-nothing-to-talk-about-but-loves-talking-to-you,

                       -Nagisa

ps: I got you a small gift to remind you of Japan. It's nothing special, but I hope you like it.

.................................

Dear Nagisa,                                                                                                                                             January 6, 2018

            Merry Christmas, and thank you for the gift. I'll admit I wasn't expecting a reply, so when I got word that there was a package and letter for me, I was overjoyed. And to answer your question, yes, unfortunately, I'm still in New York. I'd honestly love to see you again, and to hold you in my arms  once more. But apparently having stupid homophobic parents means you can't do that. I'm counting down the days until I turn eighteen, so I can move back to Japan and be with you again. I don't have much to talk about, but I want to know more about how you are. What about Kayano, or Rio? Either way, it doesn't matter much to me. I bet you I love you more than you believe.

           From your angry-at-his-homophobic-parents lover,

                           -Karma

...................................

Dear Karma,                                                                                                                                     February 14, 2018

               I'm sorry that I haven't been able to write back to you. Schoolwork has picked up, and Mom... she found out that we were talking to each other. Turns out she wasn't completely over us being together, and I wasn't allowed to write to you for a while. As if us being in separate countries wasn't enough. 

              Since it's Valentine's Day, I decided that you deserved a reply to your letter. Kayano and Rio are okay, as is Sugino and Isogai. I'm alright. I agree with you. Homophobic parents are the worst. Dad just pities me, and Mom doesn't really talk to me much anymore. I wish you were back home so you could give me a hug. I bet you your hug would cure my sadness.

              From your lover who's-slightly-heartbroken,

                             -Nagisa 

..............................

Dear Nagisa,                                                                                                                                                   July 20, 2018

              Happy birthday. I'm sorry that I've responded so late, but my parents also found. Crazy, right? I miss you. I'll see you soon. I bet you that my hug would cure your sadness, and your kiss would do the same for me.

             From you extremely-heartbroken lover,

                                -Karma 

..............................

Dear Karma,                                                                                                                                  December 25, 2018

             Will you come home soon?

              From you lover who's impatient,

                          -Nagisa

..............................

Word count: 641

Eyyyyyyye, it's me, that useless person that just takes up space. This one shot is... ummmmm... special. I honestly don't know what this is, but I did it. I know it's super short, but... whatever. I'll probably do a part two. Probably. As you can probably tell, I have no ideas! Yay! Once again, thank you for reading my trash.

          -Momo