Stop WANTING to die, you jerk!

He tapped his foot impatiently against the sidewalk, waiting for his target to appear. He knew it wasn't the best tactic if he was trying to go completely unnoticed, but at that moment, Karma couldn't care less, as he'd been standing out in the rain, waiting, for half an hour. Which may seem suspicious, but his target had the tendency to just randomly show up at times.

Which brought the thought that maybe he had already missed him. It wasn't unlikely, but based on the information he gathered, he would normally show between seven o'clock and eight thirty pm, meaning Karma should be right on time. (He wouldn't actually know, since this assignment had only been assigned a few days ago, only giving him a few hours to 'study' his target.)

A shiver ran up his spine, and his left hand clutched the knife he was holding in it tighter. He quickly glanced around the nearly empty street, his eyes darting between the expecting mother and the man that had just arrived- the man being his target, but he hadn't taken into account the possibility that there'd be other people on the street, even if it was raining. A witness was never good. (Killing him would be a lot harder than he'd initially thought, apparently.)

But the woman quickly darted into the shop on his left, in attempt to get out of the rain. And to buy bread, he guessed, since that seemed to be why she came. But his target sat down on the bench in front of him, staring blankly at the two passing cars. (He almost felt bad for this man, but he couldn't, since feelings only get in the way.)

He quietly began padding closer to him, bringing his knife out. It glistened in the rain, reflecting the light of a nearby streetlamp. He smirked; this would end so well. Suddenly no one was watching, the man hadn't noticed, and he got to kill someone. I guess there will be no witnesses after all, he thought as his smirk widened.

Pressing the knife against the man's throat, he leaned in next to his ear, his breath fanning across his wet skin, and whispered, "Any last words?"

The man gasped and jerked forward a bit, the movement causing the knife to press deeper into the skin, leaving a small trail of blood in it's wake. His smirk widened.

"A-are you... going to kill me?" He suddenly frowned, the man seemed almost relieved by it, joyful even. Where was the fun in that? Karma enjoyed the thrill, the rush, and the sense of panic in his victim's eyes and voice whenever they  realised they were going to die. 

"Yes."

The man exhaled, but held a sort of tension in his joints. So he is still nervous, he mused. Interesting.

"Thank god, I'm so done."  

At that, Karma removed the knife and sat down next to him. The man jumped, staring at him, eyes wide open. He felt rain water trickle down his back and soak into his coat. Some of his hair fell into his face, and he resisted the urge to push it back.

"...Are you... okay? Because you're not supposed to enjoy your death. Not by my standards, anyway." He cast a rueful look at the man next to him, who seemed to be trying to collapse in on himself.

"I know. But I can't anymore. No one cares, and I need someone to care."

He weighed out his options for a minute. Should he play therapist, or should he just kill him? He decided to go with the former; killing him would only make him feel guilty, and he hated feeling guilty so fucking much.

"Do... do you want me to kill someone for you? Teach 'em a lesson or something?" 

"I... I don't know."

"Well you better know soon, after all, I'm a busy man and I don't have time for bullshit, you know." Crossing his arms, he scowled as his hood gave out and the rain pooling in it fell down and splashed both his back and his ass. Curse this depressed target who decided to come out tonight.