Why you don't want red hair: exhibit A

Karma burned.

Not because he stepped into a church, no, that was a story for another day, but because he was a redhead. A redder than red redhead. A red, red, red redder than red redhead. A red, red, red-

Okay, you get the point.

But still! It wasn’t fair. Nagisa was pale as hell and after going to the beach, was still pale with maybe a little tan. Very little, by the way. Very. You know what happened to Karma when he went?

He burned!

He could give a strawberry a run for it’s money. And Nagisa, the unhelpful, rude and mean ass that he is, why, he has the audacity to laugh at him! How horrible!

Koro-sensei tans. (Granted, he looks hideous when he does, but that’s not the point.) Kurahashi tans. Terasaka tans. Kayano tans. Hell, even Asano tans, and he’s a redhead too! So why doesn’t Karma tan? Was this some form of messed up karma? Had the world decided to seek revenge?

Any who, the reason he’s raving on about this is because his asshole teacher, bitch teacher, and shithead teacher decided that it would be “fun” if they went to the beach for a field trip. How dreadful!

So while everyone else is cheering and discussing happily, Karma is sulking quietly at his seat. Somewhere along the way, Nagisa wanders over to check up on him, but he pays no mind. He had important sulking to get to.

“Karma? You alright?”

He said nothing, and fixed his gaze on the chalkboard in front of him. He glared; his boyfriend hasn’t even realised why he was in such a ghastly mood. Nagisa sighed and walked away, leaving Karma alone with his thoughts.

He just hoped that he’d be able to find a strong enough sunscreen. Not likely, but a guy can dream.

..............

Alright, he thought, I think that’s it.

Parasol- check.

Unnaturally strong sunscreen- check.

Shirt that he would refuse to remove- check.

If Karma was a protagonist of an anime (which he very well likely be), the sun was his mortal enemy. An overpowered, repulsive enemy.

“Alright everyone, get on the train! After all, we want want to spend all optimal time at the beach that we can, right?”

A chorus of yes, uh-huh, absolutely and other words of confirmation rung through the air.

“Not me,” Karma grumbled. “As if I ever would wish to spend my time at a grimy old beach.”

“Why are you so against this?” Nagisa asked him on the train. Karma was almost offended that his boyfriend would question such a thing.

“Why, no sane person should actually want to spend time doing something as mundane and filthy as this! Do you know how much garbage goes in the ocean every day!? More than 1.5 million goes in every hour! Do you- hey, are you even listening?”

“I stopped after you started listing depressing facts.”

“Hmph.” He slumped down his seat, desperately trying to devise an escape plan. By the time he came up with a decent one, they had arrived.

The sun beat overhead, and he shivered. Karma could taste and feel the salt in the air. Now, not that he was really that into this type of stuff, but he was ninety percent sure that he had read something about how that was really bad for your skin-

“Hey, let’s go get changed.”

Nagisa tugged him along, ignoring his complaints.

……………

Slathering himself with sunscreen, he groaned at the sand that was stuck to his feet. This whole experience felt so unclean, yet he was forced to come along. He could see Koro-sensei was building a sand castle in the corner of his eye, but he paid no attention.

Flipping over the bottle, he read that he had to wait ten minutes before going into the sun. Not even two minutes had passed before Nagisa tugged his arm and pulled him into the water against his will, laughing like the little demon that he is.

“What. Are. You. Doing!?” He screeched. “The sunscreen still hasn’t set yet, you dimwit! I’m going to burn!”

“Oh, quit complaining; you’ll be fine!”

Needless to say, he didn’t go to school the next day, both out of fear of being laughed at and from the ache of his burns.

...............

743 Words

When you’re whiter than white but you don’t burn. I am god.

Lmao salt water and salty air is actually good for you don’t worry I looked it up. Anyways, this idea popped in my head, and I thought it was funny so I wrote it. Imma write “Want it?” next, so until then, bye?
          -Momo