Akabane might be insane idk

Nakamura Rio got a call from Akabane Karma at six thirty two in the morning.

Which was funny, because they had only talked about three times previously and exchanged numbers to work on a class project.

"H- hello?"

"NAKAMURA? GOD PLEASE TELL ME THAT'S YOU I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO IF IT WASN'T-"

"Why are you yelling? It's so early in the morning," rubbing her eyes, Rio sat up in bed to try and process things. Love it when my acquaintance calls before the morning alarm goes off. "Just calm down and tell me what's wrong."

"HOW-" he took a shaky breath. "How do I calm down, Nakamura? You don't know what happened-"

"Then tell me? Akabane, No offence, but it's early and I have no patience. Tell me what's wrong so we can figure this out."

The line went quiet for a second. Then,

"I think someone broke into my house."

That woke Rio up.

...............

"I feel like I'm doing something illegal, meeting you here behind the school before class starts."

Akabane shot her a look. He still seemed pretty shaken from earlier.

"It's not illegal," he mumbled. "No one stopped us when we entered the property, anyway."

She rolled her eyes. Akabane was an interesting person from what she's seen of him so far. Which isn't really much, since he doesn't really talk to anyone and skips class a lot.

"So," she started, "let's discuss the whole breaking into your house thing."

Akabane laughed nervously, fidgeting with the hem of his blazer. Her eyes narrowed.

"Akabane?"

"Well um. Someone definitely broke into the house, I have pictures! But that's, um, not what I think is going on here." he wouldn't meet her gaze, pulling out his phone and opening the photos app. "But the thing is I don't... don't think they're alive? Haha, I sound insane. Um."

"Akabane."

...............

"Why is your house so big if it's only really you living here?"

"Rich people stuff, you know? Anywho, thank you for not leaving me on the spot because I think I would've cried if you did-"

"Show me the damn mirror, Akabane," Rio snapped. She did not skip school and risk getting in trouble just to listen to Akabane ramble. She can give him credit though, this was the most she'd ever heard him speak.

They quickly toed off their shoes when they stepped inside and hurried up the stairs. They walked down a long hallway, turned down into another hallway, before stopping in front of a door.

"Is this the bathroom?" He scoffed.

"No, this is my bedroom. You can only access the bathroom from my bedroom. Further proving my point that it was a ghost that did this."

"I'm pretty sure you're just going crazy. You probably just imagined it- oh my god."

Akabane looked at her pointedly. "Am I still crazy?"

Rio shook her head. "How did you get a ghost to like you if not dead people can't stand you?"

...............

ummmm
hi yes please validate me this is a mess I know </3

also,,,, what if I just,,,, stopped doing these,,, :)