I- I swear I'm not scared...

What was your deepest, darkest fear?

That question came up a lot in class, and as much as he would like to say that he was fearless, Karma was terrified of spiders. Out of all the things to be scared of, he was scared stiff by spiders. Not bears, or fire, or even being killed, and he certainly wasn't claustrophobic. But no. Karma's deepest, darkest fear was spiders.

It definitely was not on his agenda to announce that to the whole class. Even Okuda, the most timid and quiet girl he knew could pick up a spider easily and place it outside. Meanwhile, if he had to do that, Karma might just burst into tears. He knew it was irrational. They were tiny little creatures. And some of them carried enough venom to kill a grown man within seconds.

Nagisa, on the other hand, was scared of lots of things, but spiders weren't one of them. So when they went on a field trip to the zoo, he made a beeline towards the insects and other creepy crawlies  that made Karma shiver with disgust. And guess where Nagisa went first? The spiders. The stupid, ugly, scary spiders. 

But Karma wasn't a wuss, no, he could get through it. Probably. 

"Karma, look! They've got a tarantula out! It's like a petting zoo! Let's go hold it!" What a terrible 'petting zoo'. He'd much rather be in a petting zoo with fluffy little bunnies and other adorable little creatures. The more Karma thought about it, the more he realized: 

He was a huge ass wuss. One that hated spiders. Just looking at it sent shivers down his spine.

"Mmmmhmmm," he nodded along, hoping Nagisa didn't notice his discomfort. Luckily, he didn't, but unluckily, he ran over to hold the large spider. Don't leave me alone here! Karma thought. Nagisa gently took the bug in his hands, giggling slightly and claiming it tickled. Karma could almost feel it crawling on his own skin.

This lasted for about thirty seconds before Karma gagged and walked away, trying desperately to find his way out of the bug section. Once he did, he went straight for the lemur and monkey area. Because heck, those didn't have six hundred legs. And they were furry, which helps a lot.

"Karma, wait!" Nagisa ran after him once putting the arachnid down and washing his hands.

"Y-yes?" He asked meekly. Nagisa grabbed his hand, noticing how pale Karma was.

"You okay? You ran off, and you look sorta sickly.." Karma shook his head.

"I'm fine. Just wanted to look at CUTE animals, you know, ones that kinda remind me of you." Nagisa stared at a small monkey climb a tree branch and smiled.

"You're sweet." He leant over and kissed his cheek, before bounding off towards the gift shop. 

"Come on, Karma!" Karma touched his cheek gingerly, and despite knowing he was blushing, smiled like an idiot.

...............

480 words

Haha... What is this. There's like, no plot, and I don't know anymore. I wanted to write something, and this was the outcome. It's only Thursday and I'm dead. (I'm thinking of making an art book, but I suck at drawing...hm.) If you have any suggestions, please tell me! Thanks for reading,

                        -Momo