Share my umbrella

Rain always washed over Karma with a melancholy feeling. The days were just so dull, the clouds hiding the sun that made everything light up. The air was always humid and sticky, which was one of the things Karma absolutely hated. 

On this particular day, it had been raining for an hour. Which might not be so bad, except it coincided with the end of school. And Karma, waking up to late and rushing out the door, hadn't brought his umbrella. Classic.

so now, damp with rain water, Karma trudged home. At least it wasn't a very long walk. of course, the rain picked up, and the simple shower quickly started changing for the worse, and Karma was hating himself twice as much as before.

He navigated through the downpour, trying to find something that he could use as a shelter. Karma desperately wanted to peel away his wet clothes, groaning as they stuck to his body. He was drenched, and the tree he was under didn't provide as much cover as he'd of liked. Quickly pulling out his phone, he checked the weather network to see an estimate of how much longer the rain would last.

...............

Two hours. Two whole, fucking hours. Great. Karma sat there for two whole hours. The rain just wouldn't let up, and he knew he had to go home at some point, so in defeat, he grabbed his bag and started walking.

A car drove by, splashing him with the dirty water from a puddle. Exasperated, he sighed and undid the buttons of his shirt and hung his blazer around his waist. He got about two feet when a truck splashed him.

"OH, FUCK ME!" Karma threw his head back, cursing the gods. "CAN I NOT GO HOME WITHOUT EVERYONE FUCKING HATING ME?! I HATE THE RAIN!"

"Karma?" Someone's voice called out behind him. Karma froze, and then turned ever so slightly. There, standing next to him, was Nagisa, who looked very confused as to why his best friend was angrily yelling at the sky with his shirt undone, all while being soaked to the bone.

"...shit. I swear it's not what it looks like." Karma told him.

"Then what else could this be? Because it looks like you're yelling at the rain, with your shirt open," Nagisa retorted.

"..."

"...'Kay, never mind, it's exactly what it looks like." Karma sighed once again,and sat down on the sidewalk, no longer caring since he was covered in rain water. "I hate the rain, and I just want to go home." 

Nagisa offered him a smile. "Well, if you're willing to go shopping with me to get bread, we can share my umbrella." 

Karma rose up to his feet, and ducked under the umbrella. They went to the store at that, Nagisa humming lightly, and Karma hunched over and soaking wet.

...............

Going shopping was a weird experience, especially when your best friend was literally dripping with dirty and clean water. They got a few confused looks, but other than that, it was fine. As soon, as they were outside, however, Karma turned to Nagisa and smiled.

"Nagi, I'm so happy your sharing your umbrella, but for the love of fucking god, let me carry it. My back can only take so much." Nagisa stared at him blankly before realizing what he meant. He hastily handed over the umbrella, pink tinting his cheeks. He could play it off as the cold.

They walked to Karma's place silently after that, both not quite sure what to say. As they reached the overwhelmingly 'big house', otherwise known as a mansion, (Karma insists on calling that) Nagisa turned to Karma and smiled.

"Well, we've reached the end of the road. I'm afraid that I must turn back from here." Karma flicked his forehead.

"You're such a dweeb." In the heat of the moment, Nagisa grabbed Karma's shirt collar and pulled him down. He kissed him gently on his cheek, before shying away. Nagisa tried to turn around, but Karma grabbed his arm and pulled him close.

"That's not a real kiss, moron." He brought Nagisa's face up, leaning in closer since the other was so short. Karma kissed Nagisa square on the lips, and briefly, Nagisa wrapped his arms around Karma's neck. They pulled away gasping for air, before smiling at each other.

"You know what we need? A really cliche moment where there's a beautiful rainbow strecthed across the sky, symbolizing our love." Karma looked at the sky expectantly, but was only greeted by the sound of thunder, and the continuous sound of rain hitting the road. Karma huffed angrily.

"I hate the rain."

...............

772 words

This has been sitting in my drafts for so long now. I know at this point I shouldn't, but I'm tempted to make a part two for Insomnia and Instagram stalking, but this one's from Karma's point of view. 

On another note, I'm forcing my friend @Corkiethebest to make and art book, 'cause she's good and refuses to admit it. Sounds like someone else I know *cough* me *cough*. The difference is, she's decent, I actually suck.Whatever.  I'll probably post something in there so you can judge for yourself. You should go check her account out. I swear she'll have the art book posted eventually...

Thanks for reading, 

                        -Momo