Change (+schedule!)

Nagisa never understood what the fuss was about. He only said he liked being a guy. Of course, his mother didn't like that, and started spewing insults at him. Why? He was human, too. 

School went just has horribly. He was already flat chested, so at least he didn't have to worry too much about that. But the taunts and the jeers when he started to wear pants were definitely something that he found were concerning.

"You should change."

"Why are you doing this?"

"You're making the wrong choice, Nagisa."

"Pants are for boys, Nagisa."

The last comment always made him mad. He was a boy! just because he didn't exactly look like one didn't mean that he wasn't one. To prove his point, he cut his hair. Not at a hair dresser, no, his mother would notice then. He did it at school, while the whole class was watching.

Detention. He got detention for cutting his hair. So here he was, sitting outside the principal's office, listening to the secretary's long fingernails clack against the keyboard, waiting for the principal to return from his meeting.

It wasn't desirable, but it was better than having to listen to the snide remarks about him. 

Suddenly the door flew open, and a boy with unruly red hair walked in. He nodded at the secretary, who nodded back mindlessly. Nagisa fingered his hair as he stared at the boy. He wished he could of had hair like that.

The boy sat down next to him, huffing in annoyance.

"One little fight, and I get sent to the office. Again." Nagisa was shocked when the boy spoke; his voice was rough and deep. Much deeper than all the other boys in his class, anyway.

"Except what you call a little scuffle is closer to a brawl, Karma. That's why you're in here again. Stop fighting with your peers and you won't be sent here."

Apparently the boy has been here before. Great. At least that explains the bruise on his left cheekbone. The boy grinned lazily at the secretary, sticking up the middle finger. 

"Can't, Chiyoko. How m' I supposed to treat others as equals when they're below me?"

The secretary shook her head disapprovingly.

"How many times, Karma, how many times must I tell you to not use my first name? Not everyone likes to be called by it, even if you do."

"Should stop wearing a name tag with your first name, then."

Nagisa was shocked at how disrespectful the boy was. If he even forgot to say 'please' his mother would yell at him. Clearly she was a much more laid-back lady, but still. They had obviously been in this situation before, judging by their banter.

The clock ticked, and the phone rung twice, but other than that, it was silent. That is, until Karma decided to ask Nagisa why he was here.

"Well, I... uhh, cut my hair."

Karma looked shocked.

"THAT'S AN EVEN PETTIER REASON THAN WHY THEY SENT ME HERE! WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER IF A GIRL CUTS HER HAIR, IT'S NOT DOING ANYTHING!"

"Language, Karma," the secretary advised. "And stop yelling."

Karma huffed, but listened anyway. Nagisa blushed; should he tell him? That was the whole reason he cut his hair...

"UmactuallyIprefertogobyhe...sorryIknowit'sweirdbutitiswhatitisandanywhoI'dappreciateitifyoudidn'tyellatme-" Nagisa's words tumbled out of his mouth so quickly that even he couldn't keep track of them. Karma looked perplexed.

"First of all, slow the fuck down, and second, why the fuck would that be weird?"

"Language."

"Fuck you, too, Chiyoko."

Karma looked me dead in the eyes, obviously confused by my rambling.

"So?"

"Wha?"

"I asked you a question, dumbass."

"Oh! Um, because it's not normal. The people in my class made fun of me, and my mom's not happy, so I kinda assumed that you'd hate me."

Karma began muttering under his breath, rubbing his temples as he did. I couldn't hear him properly, but I managed to identify about every swear word out there. Well then. He sat up, glared at the wall, and  stared at Chiyoko. She stared back.

"You know, I really shouldn't do what you're asking, Karma, but since this nice boy deserves better and you're not only thinking about yourself for once, I'll do it. What's your name, mister?" 

"N-Nagisa Shiota."

Karma gave her a satisfied smirk and stuck his tongue out. The secretary rolled her eyes and and started writing a paper. She handed it to me once she was done, and when I looked at it, it was a note to my teacher.

'Nagisa Shiota has been excused from school for the day due to illness. Thank you for understanding.

signed,

         Chiyoko Saito'

She just wrote me an excuse to leave. Karma gave her a pleading look, and luckily for him, she seemed fed up enough to say yes to whatever he was asking.

"Go with Karma, hun, since he thinks he knows what's best for you. I'm not saying he does, but he has an idea and I don't want to listen to him whine about it."

Nagisa looked at Karma in confusion, but Karma only grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the office, towards the school's main entrance.

"W-wait, where are we going?"

Karma stopped and glanced at him, eyes sparkling.

"You said you were a guy, right? Well, guys have flat chests."

Nagisa's breath hitched as he gaped at him. Was he saying what he thinks he's saying?

"Well, let's go get you a binder."

...............

894 words

I hate this, but love the way I portrayed Karma. Weird, huh? Any who, I decided that I'm going to ATTEMPT a schedule, for all of my stories. Here's my plan:

Karunagi One Shots(aka this book)- Every Thursday starting next week. Don't know what time of the day, because it'll probably vary.

I Promise You, I Want You- once a month, probably on a Friday.

My Art Book- I have no clue, since I only put stuff when my art is decent, so randomly.

I will have Kiribaku One Shots out by Friday, if anyone's interested. Thanks for reading, 

              -Momo