E p i s o d e 6

The door creaked opened yet again by a different lab assistant. The woman did not seem scared or repulsed by them, instead the smiled and crowded around the lab assistant on their knees. This is sick..

Chloe noticed your discomfort and put a hand on your shoulder. Your eyes shifted from the lab assistant to her soft blue eyes, it was all she could do to comfort you, but it calmed you down a little.

A glint from the light outside sparkled on Chloes neck, "What's that?" You asked in horror, staring at the pure metal collarish thing around her neck.
"You find out soon.."

"Alright, back up!" The lab assistant shouted, kicking away some girls near them like the girls were animals. But if you were being honest, they didn't act like humans, they acted like animals.

The lab assistant lifted up their clipboard, reading something, then saying it outloud, "15, 23, and 31, come with me." You guessed each person was assigned a number, which made you feel even more like some lab rat.

"That's you." Chloe whispered in your ear, "I'm 30, and your the newest, so your 31." You nodded hesitantly, you saw two other girls immediately go to them. You stood up with shakey legs, still covered in bruises and cuts, and stepped over to them.

As you looked the lab assistant in the eye, you knew this wasn't a safe place. These people didn't care about any of your lives, and wouldn't care all too much if you died. You need to get out of here.

The lab assistant shoved you out of the room, you winced from the sudden brightness, but the lab assistant didn't seem to care. Two more lab assistants came, one grabbed your arm and dragged you down a hall.

"Where are you taking me?" You asked desperately, but the lab assistant seemed un-fazed by your words, like they didn't speak english, though you knew they did.

You took the time to look around, learning your surrounds, though you couldn't look at things too closely, because the lab assistant was moving pretty quickly, and dragging you behind them.

The building was mostly filled with just doors, leading to where? You had no idea, but you had a feeling that you'd figure out where a few of them lead to.

The lab assistant suddenly opened and door and basically shoved you into the room. You stumbled, but you didn't fall, you looked up as you tried to regain your posture.

That didn't matter, because instantly they pushed down into a cold metal chair, and locked your arms and legs onto it. You called out to them as they left the room, but they didn't say anything.

A few looks around the room confirmed all it had was a tool cart in the corner, the chair you were sitting on, and a very dim light above you.

The door made a click sound, which made you snap your head towards it. You gulped as you saw the door slowly be pushed open.

There stood the tall Irish woman, you recognized her as Dr. O'Deorain. She was the one who stood next to the leader of Talon, and the one who saw you when you were fleeing the temple where Nugah was killed.

Only now could you clearly see her. She had sharp features, especially her jaw line, nose, and eyes. Her eyes gleamed with curiosity, those eyes have seen quite a lot, they lead to a brain thst knows much more than you do.

One of her eyes was a deep crimson while the other was a beautiful sky blue. She smirked as she layed her eyes upon your body. She closed the door behind her and walked towards you.

You immediately started struggling, not wanting her anywhere near you. You didn't hear her annoyed sigh, indicating she did not want to deal with this today. But did you hear her grabbing some metal object from the small tool cart.

Her back was turned to you, so you couldn't see what she was doing, but you heard some sort of liquid being poured. When she turned around she had a smile that she was using to try and reassure you.

She walked towards you, a collar that was like Chloes in one hand, and a syringe full of liquid in the other. "What is in that?" You asked, trying not to stutter from fear. She kneeled down next yo you, tilting your head so your neck was exposed.

"Oh, nothing. Just medicine to help you get used to the environment." She said calmly readying to inject the serum into your neck. Before she did you quickly jerked away from it, the needle scratching you skin a bit, but you tried to ignore the stinging.

"That's not what I asked," you spoke with false confidence, making you feel like you had some control, "What is in it?" She sighed, pressinng the sleeve of her lab coat against your neck to stop the bleeding. "Nothing, just some safe chemicals, Valerine, other th-"

You cut her off as soon as you heard the word Valerine. Being an herboligist, you knew what plants were harmful, and Valerine was not something yo help you with 'getting used to the environment'

"You are not injecting that into me." You used your shoulder to knock away her arm. "Why? It'll only help." She said innocently, but you knew what she was trying to do was far from innocent.

"Valerine is used to help with sleep, and with the amount you were about to give me, it would knock me out, and keep me asleep for at least five hours, maybe more because of the other chemicals."

She looked suprised at first, but then she chuckled. "Smart girl, I guess you know more then just where the last monk is." Now you were the one who was suprised, how does she know? Was she listening in on me and Nugahs conversation? Was she-...

You suddenly remembered, as you fled the temple, you made eye contact with her, yet she didn't chase after you. Before you could speak again, she grasped your chin with her long fingers, that were surprisingly strong, her nails slightly dug into your skin.

She forcefully tilted your head to the side, quickly injecting the serum before you could struggle. After a few seconds, a sense of sleepness washed over you. "Just rest, I'll take care of you.."