E p i s o d e 2 1

Birds sang outside, waking you from your peaceful sleep. You haven't sleept so nicely like that since..

A warm glaze of sunshine feel over your skin from the window. You let your eyes open to peer out at the town. By what you could tell, it was still pretty early, you guessed it was around 6:30ish.

You stretched, getting rid of the tension in your muscles from sleeping. You guessed Emily wouldn't be up yet, she never was an early riser.

With a sigh, you left the warmth of the bed. The room was small and simple, but it was homey. The walls and covers were a creme color, and the furniture was a dark brown. You stayed in this same room when you came to visit, the nostalgia of the easier times almost hurt.

You opened up the wooden dresser at the end of room and searched for clothes. It was mostly just Emily's and your aunt's old clothes, you hoped some of it would fit you.

After looking through all the clothes you picked a pair of black athletic shorts and a dull blue sweatshirt.

You got dressed and just stood around for a bit, not really knowing what to do. After awhile, you decided to head down stairs to make you and Emily some coffee.. and Lena, you hoped she liked coffee.

You walked silently through the hallway and down the stairs, careful not to wake Emily.. or Lena..

You weren't used to having her here, and she honestly scared you in some ways. You didn't hate her, you just wished she was.. normal. And how did she know what Talon was? That's shadey enough, I mean, everyone knows what Talon is, but she seemed like she really knew it.. she could be undercover, that'd be bad. I'll have to be careful..

As you reached the small cozy kitchen you opened up the top cabinet to grab the coffee mix. "Morning."

You froze for a moment, then you grabbed the coffee mix and slowly turned around, facing the short-haired, British girl. "Good morning.." you responded quietly.

She gave you an awkward smile, scratching the back of her head. "Uhh, so.." she let her voice trail off and her gaze fell to the floor, "I'm, uh.. are you ok? You looked pretty shaken last night." You nodded, returning the smile. "I'm fine." It was silent for a bit until she lifted her head back up.

"So.. you're on the run from someone." She asked quietly, as if she said it to loudly she'd scare you away. You gave her a hesitant nod which she responded to with a sigh, "Shit.. sorry, uh.. well, you're not alone, cause that makes two of us in some way."

You looked up at her and raised and eyebrow, "You're..?"

"Yeah.." she muttered. It was silent for a bit, she looked at her feet, you could basically feel the emotion coming off of her, but you couldn't tell what it was. Maybe.. Anger? Sadness..? Guilt..?

She looked back up at you, her expression unreadable. "I wasn't always just be a citizen, I was a soldier, during the omnic crisis that was. I fought with Overwatch." The moment she mentioned Overwatch a small smile fell upon her lips.

"What's Overwatch?" You asked, for the last few years of the omnic crisis you were gone, missing most of the climax. Though the war itself was only a couple years ago.

"They were an amazing group of people. Heros from all around the world, all extremely different, but they all had the same purpose, to save those who needed help." Her eyes lit up as she described the group.

You gave her a light smile, "They sound like a great group of people."

She nodded back in response, "They were, they really were." She said excitedly, a huge grin on her face. Your smile faltered a bit, and you let your voice drop, "What happened to them.."

Lena froze before coughing awkwardly, her smile completely wiped off. "I-.. well, they were.. disbanded.." she spoke somberly.

You nodded, knowing not to ask much more, since it seemed to be a difficult subject.

"W-well.. I got to be going.." You placed down your coffee and started walking towards the exit. "What? Why?" Lena followed after you quickly. "There's something I have to do."

She looked at you confused, then she just shook her head and gave you a serious glare, "Alright then, I'll go with you. If it's with Talon, I'll do anything to help." She said, determined. You shook your head in response, "I can't, I don't want to get you and Emily mixed up in this. I really thank you for letting me stay here, but I have to go."

You took a step towards the door, but in a flash of blue light, she was in front of you. "I'm not letting you do this alone." She stared up at you with narrowed eyes.

".. Fine.. let's go.."