E p i s o d e 1 9

Rnnnng

...

Rnnnng

...

Rnnnng-

"Hello?"

"Hey, Gemini."

"Who-... Jesse..?"

"Hey, Darlin."

Happiness filled your heart, you felt your checks flush from excitement, you haven't gotten any messages from anyone from Overwatch since it was shut down around 10ish years ago.

It was devastating when it was disbanded, Overwatch was the only family you had after losing all your memories, so you really had no where to go.

You decided to settle down in a small town in Virginia. You make wooden carvings that you sell at the market everyday. Captain Amari taught you how to make them.

Her daughter usually was at home with her husband, so she never really got to raise her daughter, or see her much, so you were kind of like her child. She taught you how to fight, and helped teaching you academicly after she figured out you had the brain of a 6th grader.

But after a bombing on the base in Switzerland you were at, Overwatch got disbanded. Many people died in the incident, including Captain Amari. You thought Jesse died in it too, but apparently not.

"Jesse, it's so good to hear from you! Are you ok? I thought you died." You paced around your small one room apartment. A chuckle came from the other side of your phone.

"I'm just fine, doll. I sure as hell ain't dead. But, listen, I hate to ask this of you, but I need your help."

You cocked your head to the side, even though you knew Jesse wasn't actually there right in front of you. You were confused, but you still spoke with confidence, you'd do anything to help him. "Of course, I'll do anything to help."

"Heh. You might change your mind when I tell you what I need help with."

The next day...

You have been anxious ever since Jesse called you yesterday, he said he wanted to tell you in person in case someone was listening to your conversation by hacking into your phones, which got you even more worried.

He said he'd come by sometime today, but he didn't say what time. You buyed some time by working on your carvings, since you still had a job, though you were off all of this week due to the matket being undet construction.

The carving you were working on was a horse, the first carving Captain Amari taught you how to make. Every time you made one of these, you could hear her voice echoing the steps in your head. Sometimes the only reason why you worked was to be reminded of her voice in your head once more.

Knocking interrupted your thoughts, no one ever knocked on your door, so you guessed it was Jesse. You put down the wooden figure and your knife on your small desk with a bunch of knife scratches on it.

You stood up, pushing in your beat up chair after you. You glided across your cold stone floor to the door. It had a bunch of scratches on it from the previous owner of the room.

You creaked the door open, looking through the crack, "Jesse?" The southern man smirked and tipped his hat, "Morning, Gemini-"

He was almost knocked to floor when you basically jumped on him, hugging him tightly. "Jesse! I missed you so much!" You exclaimed, he chuckled in response. You now noticed that he has grown and you have not. Be used to be taller than you, but now he's really taller than you.

"Heh, I missed you too, doll.."

The two of you went inside your small apartment, he looked around as you pulled up your one not broken chair, the one from your desk, for him to sit at. He sat down and you scurried to the kitchen to make you two some tea.

By 'kitchen', you meant a microwave ontop of a mini fridge. You heated up some water in the microwave and poured into two cups. You put in the tea bags as you walked to Jesse. You handed him the cup and sat down on your small twin sized bed, it was comfortable, but it had a few broken springs, sometimes they'd prick you in the middle of the night while you were sleeping and you'd fall off the bed from fear.

"So," Mcree started, blowing on the tea, "This pit of basically no where is where you've been all these years?" You shrugged at his question, which was more of just a statement, "It's best to stay hidden.."

"Hm." Jesse took a quiet sip of his tea, looking out the one small square window, it had dust on it and it was cracked. Outside was a view of the pathetic town below, a poor neighborhood hidden in the heart of Virginia.

You awkwardly swung your legs, "So, Jesse," you said to get his attention back to you, "What did you need help with? If it has to do with guns, I'm out, I haven't shot a gun for ten years straight, I don't need to stop that streak."

Jesse straightened his hat, "For this, you might have to hold your pistol once more.." you shook your head, putting down your cup, "Sorry, I lost my gun back in the bombing at Switzerland."

"Nope." Jesse tossed something at you and you just barely caught it, your reaction time has gone un-trained for awhile. You stared at your gun, it was roughened up, but it looked like it would still work.

It still had the ingraved symbol on the side. Mcree gave you the gun your first day of training, it was an extra gun he picked up while scavenging. The symbol apparently was the crest of a town named Kidenstale, one of many towns the Deadlock Gang burnt to the ground, it was a gun one of the police officers would've used. You don't know why, but the gun just seemed so easy to use for you, like you used it before you lost your memory, but you'd never know.

"Alright then.." You checked the gun for ammo, then clicked it back into place, "Where are we going?" Jesse smirked at your question, he stood up and straightened his hat, "Arizona, I have someone I need to visit."

((Hurry to Arizona now, Ashe is waiting for you))