E p i l o u g e

▪■Ashes POV■▪

I stood silently in front of the closed casket of Y/n.. my tears have dried up, that's probably the only reason I was able to make it to her funeral.

The only ones who came was people from my gang who she had become friends with in the past 7 months. Everyone had left, and are now waiting outside for me. Though they knew there was no point, I would be here for quite awhile.

After an hour or so I heard the door to the funeral home open and close. Someone approached the casket, but I didn't turn to look at them, I didn't care who it was.

They stopped next to my side, "I'm sorry for your loss, Ashe.." their voice was solemn, yet familiar. One look confirmed who I thought it was, "Jesse.."

He had taken off his stupid hat for once in his life time. He wore a neat black tuxedo, and he held a bunch of red roses.

"I know this has to be the worst time to come to you.. but we need your help." I eyed him from the side, narrowing my eyes, "What do you want..?"

He sighed and placed the roses gently down on the casket, where Y/n's body will lay till the day it decomposes. "Y/n was killed because she was part of Overwatch.. Talon has been killing off Ex members of Overwatch all around the globe.. because of this, we have decided, even though it's out lawed, we are bringing back Overwatch."

He turned around to face me fully, revealing he was holding back tears. "For the sake of the world, and for Y/n, will you join Overwatch?"

...

"For Y/n.. anything.."

A year later..

I have been part of Overwatch for awhile now, and the world is starting to finally accept us. There is a suprising amount of outlaws in Overwatch that were turned into heros, me being one of them.

It was amazing, yet saddening, meeting all of Y/n's friends she told me about, and hearing stories of what happened while I wasn't in her life. I had to break the news to her best friend, Lena, which was hard, knowing she was going through similar feelings I went through.

But here, I swore, I would defeat Talon, to avenge her..

"Ashe, please report the the east medical bay, immediately."

I recognized the voice as Dr. Zieglers, she sounded very excited, yet tired. I quickly ran to where she said to meet knowing something was up.

As soon as I got there Angela appeared, she had bags underneath her eyes, she looked like she needed sleep, but a large smile stayed on her face.

"Ashe! Quickly, I have great news!" She exclaimed, trotting down a hallway, motioning me to follow. "I've been experimenting-and-I, well. I figured out to rebuild tissue and start blood pumping after not working for years due to-uh, well, I thought you should be the first one to know."

She sounded hysterical, but she was probably just tired, "What is it?" I asked as she opened a door, "See for yourself." She held the door open and I cautiously entered the room, it was mostly empty except for a bed, a heart monitor, and standing next to the bed was....

"Ashe..?"

The familar voice rung through my head. All I could do was stand there.. s-she.. she died.. but she was standing right there. Alive!

After a few seconds me and Y/n ran to each other, hugging tightly. "Y/n. I-I, I thought I lost you." In rested my forehead on hers, looking into her eyes.

▪■Y/n's POV■▪

You clung onto Ashe desperately, you have been through a lot in the past 6 hours. So apparently, you being deas was a thing, which you didn't really remember, you kinda just remember blacking out, not getting shot.

But also, you were dead for a whole year!? Angela tried explaining it to you, but you didn't understand half the words, so you just took it as a given, and you just were thankful to not be dead.

"I thought you were dead.." Ashe muttered, tears starting to form in her eyes. "I know.. It's really confusing, but I assure you, it's me, and I'm alive."

Without a second more after you said that, Ashe pressed her lips against you, and you quickly returned the kiss. You pulled away, smiling, and said one word, that you wanted to say before you died.

"Yes.." you breathed out.

She looked at you confused, but you just giggled at her expression. "I didn't get to answer your question at Gazebo before I died. My answer is yes." That was enough for her tears of happiness to start spilling.

You two kissed again, it had only felt like a day since you last saw Ashe. But part of you screamed like it had been more than just year. You knew you would never leave her arms again.