E p i s o d e 2 0

((A/N: The reader is 26 rn, also this chapter takes place during the reunion short, except theres no Echo, cuz I don't want to write about a character I don't know at all. Also, this go differently, and Ashe and Jesse never dated, cuz she's gay))

Arizona, the state you lived in for a good portion of your life, a life you don't remember at the slightest. You don't know what you're getting yourself into, but you hope you won't run into any old friends, or enemys.

McCree and you had to stay low profile, so you couldn't take a plane, since the only passport you two had was a visa for Overwatch. So you guys had to settle on driving a beaten up pickup truck, which McCree apparently 'found' outside a gas station.

It was a long trip from Virgina to Arizona, so every couple hours or so you guys would take turns driving. Jesse kept you from being bored by telling you stories of his old life in Arizona.

"Hey, Jesse?" You spoke up after he just told one of his stories, "Yeah?" He responded, not able to look at you since he was driving. You were on a deserted desert road, saying you were getting close to where you were going.

"How did we meet, you never quite told me that.." you rested your elbow next to the window, looking at the dry waste land. You could sense Jesse's eyes glance over at you for a second before they focused on the road again.

He tapped his fingers against the steering wheel, "Well," He started, "It was kind of strange.. I had just failed escaping the Deadlock Gang,"

"I had been in a cell with barely any food or water for a good week or so, then I heard the door to the room my cell was in unlock. At first I thought it was Ashe or a guard, but instead, there was you. You were quiet, like you were scared of me, yet you didn't want to scare me. We spoke, I explained why I was in the cell, and you told me that you had tried to escape twice and failed, the same thing happened to you as me, yet Ashe didn't kill you."

"Do you think she would've killed you?" You asked, he merely shrugged, "Dunno, Ashe certainly liked you more than me, that's all I know." A puzzled expression wandered its was onto your face, which Jesse saw from the corner of his eye.

"Well, after a few minutes, Ashe came in the room. She looked angry and she quickly took you away, the next morning, the morning Overwatch came, she told me that if I made you come over to my room again by banging on the walls she'd kill me. So she was really just mad at me, not you much."

"I wonder why.." you sulked, resting your head on your arm. "The only one who knows that now is Ashe, and I don't think you want to talk to her.."

It was silent for awhile, but after a half an hour or so, you came upon a small town in a canyon, "Huh, well, welcome home to us.. I guess.." the place was basically a ghost town not a person was in sight.

"Well, what now?" You asked as you two got out of the car, and into the scorching sun. "We wait for Ashes group to come along." He looked around the empty road leading to a diner, a rail road track above.

He got back in the car, quickly starting it up, "I'll hide this behind the diner, then wait in the building. You hide in that mine shaft over there, don't come out till it looks like I'll need help."

You nodded running into the small dug out place in canyon, but at least it was in the shade, away from the heat. You sat down, playing with your gun for a good 10 minutes, till a loud explosion split through the air.

Following it was a large wave of dust, the cave held little protection from the dust, as it still seeped in. You covered your eyes, fighting back your coughing fit. After a few moments the dust faded away and you peeked out, looking to see what happened.

There was a group of bandits, taking crates from the train, parts of it broken off, on fire from the explosion. There was around six scrawny men, a large robot, that towered over them all. And a woman, she had white hair and piercing scarlet eyes. Ashe...

She seemed so familar, which kind of erked you. You had no memories of her, yet you knew her. She yelled at the men to hurry up, she stood on top of the payload that they were using to transport their stolen goods.

"Ashe." The familar southern voice spoke, looks like Jesse left his hiding spot. "Well, if it ain't Jesse McCree." Ashe responded, her voice was certainly intimidating, full of power. You readied your gun for when Jesse needed your backup.

▪■Ashes POV■▪
(I've never done this before, OwO)

Jesse had sure grown, he didn't look like the pathetic little kid he once was, I guess Overwatvh will do that to their recruits. "What do you want?" She spoke with fake sweetness, yet posion laced her voice.

McCree has always been all bark little bite, she hoped that hadn't changed. "That's simple," he straightened his hat, "I want you in jail, everyone does, and we'll bring you there today."

Ashe laughed sinisterly, her red eyes sparkling in the sun. She hopped off the payload, "Sure, you alone can bring down all 10 of us." She remarked sarcasticly, taking the boy as a fool.

"I'm not alone." He smirked. Ashe was actually suprised, he had always been a loner, wanting to do things alone, but she didn't want her face to show it. Plus, he might just be bluffing.

She rolled her eyes, "Ok, who is this mystery person?" McCree smirked, but didn't answer. Before Ashe could yell at him to answer she heard the quiet click of shoes behind her. She turned around quickly, only to come face to face with-... No.. no way..

▪■Your POV■▪

You stared at the woman, she honestly scared you, but you tried not to show it. In her eyes you almost saw a hint of suprise, and.. betrayal..? "It's so good to see you, Y/n." She smirked, sending shivers up your spine, your hand that was pointing a gun at her was now visibly shaking.