The Target

~ The Target ~

Ra's Al Ghul and Talia had quite a few files on the Batman. Some of the places he trained, his identity, his past, his butler, his butler's past, and the kids he took in over the years. Even DNA samples!

Ra's was more interested in his strength and ability to take over the League of Assassins and continue his work. Talia was less interested in that but still kept up to date. She had plans on how they could use his company to help the League take control of the world. Those documents were new, dating after Ra's and Damian passed.

Rather than a twisted version of doing what's best for the world, Talia flat out wanted to rule it.

On any other day, that would concern Daire, but after her baby brother's death, she could understand whatever pain their mother must be in. Not that she showed it. But surely she was mourning. She lost her father and son.

Daire pushed aside her mother's plans, focusing on her assignment. She went through every file the League had on the Batman. She also surfed the internet for articles on both Batman and Bruce Wayne. There was a lot about him, for both personas were famous, but Daire was a quick reader with an excellent memory.

It took a few hours, but Daire finally finished going through everything. She stood, stretching her unused muscles before shutting down the computer and heading out.

She wasn't quite sure what she wanted to do, but she knew she needed to move. Sitting for long periods of time made her want to move. She was used to contact movement and had a lot of built up energy just waiting to be released.

What better way to get rid of excess energy than to work out?

Daire walked into the training room, spotting Damian's clone by the punching dummy. With amazing accuracy, Clone landed a series of punches on the dummy. If the dummy wasn't bolted to the floor, he would have knocked it over.

Daire cleared her throat, trying to hold back tears. Clone looked so much like Damian (for obvious reasons) and it made Daire's heart ache at the thought of her brother's untimely death. He would never grow up, into an adult like Clone. He would have been such a handsome young man. He would surely have the looks to get anyone he pleased. With some work on his people skills, he would be quite the charmer.

Clone turned, his breath heavy with exertion.

Daire stepped forward, pointing out the few mistakes she saw. It wasn't much, but that much was to be expected from Damian or his clone.

She pointed to the spot on the dummy. She curled her fingers into themselves but not her palm. Using the nubs, she jabbed certain parts of the dummy.

"Rather than using blunt force, a quick series of jabs at pressure points will have your opponent breathless in seconds. Even the strongest man alive has pressure points. They always work. Some people can take a punch, or many, but every body has a weakness."

Without hurting him, Daire pointed out the places on Clone. He nodded, something she didn't recognize swimming in his eyes. He had had this look before, Daire had noticed.

Daire stepped back, letting Clone get into his stance.

"No," she stopped before he started. "You're form is off."

He frowned. "No, it isn't."

"For this style of fighting, yes it is. Here." She moved his limbs as she saw fit, which was odd to Clone. "I know that a tank like you won't be taught this, but I think it's important everyone learns this. Who knows, you might someone who uses this technique? If you know it, you can block it. Lean on your toes, knees bent a bit more. Not that much. There you go."