The Decision

The Decision

~~~~~~~~~~~

Heretic scowled at a skeleton of the girl he knew. Eyes empty and cold, body tense with an air of malice. She feet glided across the dim training room.

It pained him to watch.

Silently approaching her opponent, the twin daggers in her hands floated upwards. Then one parted, flowing down yet angled up. Her form exact, she spun out of the way as a heavy sword swung passed her.

Her see raised to circle her body, an elbows ducking into her side protectively as she leaned into a lunge.

Before the man could react, her outstretched bladed into tender skin, and he released the sword. He winced at the clatter while Daire remained focused.

Switching hands, the one protecting her darted out, catching the man's shirt. Her other arm saved her balance when she swooped her leg out, foot catching his ankle and pulling it out from under him.

A load grunt echoed in the room, followed by the sword scratching the floor when she kicked it far from her opponent's reach.

Daire stood tall above the helpers man, both blades ready to either strike or defend at a moments notice.

"Now, Daire," a sharp voice ordered.

Heretic forced himself to keep his glare on the match, and not the woman beside him.

His chest tightened with mixed emotions.

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

Meanwhile, in the Batcave, Alfred had the controls.

"Activating panic room protocol," the robotic voice called. In the manor, the doors and windows were covered by large metal plates. Nothing more could get in; but that also meant they couldn't get out.

Before they were trapped in the room with the talons, the duo raced to the other room as the metal door lowered. They both made it through, and the talons were on the other side. However, within seconds, the talons were prying at the door. Their inability to feel pain and inhuman strength allowing them to tear it open.

The duo raced for the grandfather clock, jumping out of the way when some of the talons through knives at them from the second loft-like story the room had to reach the higher bookshelves.

Batman used his grappling hook to make up the distance to them. He quick went to work at disarming and disabling them (even if he knew the effects wouldn't last).

Below them, Alfred raced to one of Batman's fighting robot machines. He rushed to the controls, hurriedly typing away to finish it. There wasn't much left to do, but he didn't have the chance to take his time.

Upstairs, Nightwing neared the grandfather clock, only to be stabbed in his back, arms, and legs. The talons pulled on the ropes attached to their blades, dragging the injured Nightwing across the carpeted floor.

Batman came to his rescue as one talon raised a decorative axe (it was still sharp and a hard enough blow- even if blunt- could seriously hurt or kill him). Batman took the talon out with an explosive, as he had been slowly doing.

The other talons dragged Nightwing closer, but Batman threw a bat-a-rang, cut the ropes. A few more Bat-a-rangs disabled those talons, and Batman helped Nightwing to the elevator.