The Youngest

Note: words in these < > mean in a different language (languages stated).

~ The Youngest ~

It was Dick's idea to play dress-up. Everyone knew that, and no one else wanted to play. So why did they?

No one really knows. They just couldn't say no to Dick Grayson.

So they all put on clothes that didn't fit, slapped on foreign masks, and glanced around.

"Tt, you look ridiculous," Damian tutted. "This is pointless."

"You used to love dress up," Daire reminded.

"He did?" everyone else asked.

"When I was three."

"You were so cute, dressed up like a-"

"Don't say it!" he shouted, his cheeks flushing pink. His eyes trailed over to his father, then to the mischievous eyes of his adopted brothers. "Don't ever day it!"

Daire could sense his embarrassment and smiled, tauntingly. "Say what? That you used to dress up as-"

"Daire! I'm warning you!"

"No," Jason cut in, chuckling. He really wanted Daire to finish. "Tell us. We won't laugh." It was a lie. An obvious lie.

"Speak for yourself," Tim inputted, voice muffled. Damian couldn't see it through the Red Hood mask, but he was sure Tim was smirking. "I'll probably die laughing."

Damian was glad his family couldn't see his eyes behind the cowl, but he couldn't think of a subtle way to turn this around. Daire wasn't one for humiliation of others- she'd been known to take the blame to spare another- but that was years ago. This Daire was more like Dick (outgoing and emotional) and Jason (sarcastic and not afraid to say what came across her mind).

Though, she hadn't made the obvious hint, despite him wearing a it.

He refused to look down. The weight of the cowl and cape felt heavy on his small shoulders. He wasn't wearing as much armor as his father wore on patrol, but he could feel the soreness his body would know tomorrow. Nothing he couldn't handle or hadn't handled before, but there nonetheless.

"Come on," Jason joked. "What did he use to dress up as? A pretty princess?"

"Abso-" Damian started, but would he rather that than the truth? No. "Absolutely not, Todd! I would never de-"

"Watch the words about to come out of your mouth, boy," Daire cautioned, her eyes narrowing. This was the new Daire, the part of his sister he was still getting used to. She would never threaten him like that before. And it was a threat. Her hand clenched, fist raised to her waist in warning.

Damian clamped his mouth shut. Even without being a part of the League, Daire hadn't slipped on her training. She had focused on different techniques, catching Damian off guard. Though he knew many styles of fighting, he mostly stayed within the League and her members. The point of that: he had a possibility of losing of it came down to a fight.

Daire smiled with fake innocence. In her native language (Arabic) she asked, "<What will the great Dami do to keep this from getting out?>"

"Tt." He knew his father and Drake spoke Arabic. He knew all the Wayne's knew multiple languages (he was sure Jason spoke some Spanish, enough to get around), but he didn't know how many or which ones weren't on that list.

"<If you that's your answer, I'll tell everyone about how cute you looked in that->"

"<Father and Drake speaks Arabic!>" Damian quickly interrupted.