The Day Out

~ The Day Out ~

As if yesterday's dress up fiasco wasn't enough family time, Dick insisted they go around town and spend the day together.

"It'll be fun."

"Tt, I wasn't raised to do 'fun.' Neither was Daire."

"You were also raised to kill, do you still do that, Master Damian?"

Damian sent Alfred a glare but didn't answer.

Bruce caved, "Fine, Dick. What do you suggest we do?"

Dick's smile lit up the room. He listed a park Bruce took him to a few times as a child, the cinema, an ice cream parlor he's been wanting to try, and a carnival in Gotham for the week.

"Sounds delightful, Master Dick," assured Alfred.

"Glad you think so, Alfie, 'cause you're coming along."

His eyebrows raised. "I'm afraid I have many things around the mansion to-"

"Of course you're coming, Alfred," Bruce answered. "You're part of the family, too, and you deserve the day off."

"As you wish, sir."

"Yes, taking the day goofing off with us is such a chore," Daire dragged, unable to hide the slight smile on her face. Ra's Al Ghul wasn't big on family outings (unless you counted working/ bloody vacations) and she looked forward to spend the day with her new family.

Once again, she smiled at the thought. She no longer distanced herself from the Wayne family. Bruce had made it clear that she was as welcomed as anyone else. As long as she wanted, she'd be apart of the family. A real family.

"I'll drive," volunteered Damian.

"No."

"I know how."

"No."

"I'll drive then," Daire offered.

"No."

"I know how."

"No."

"I'm thirteen!"

"Neither one of you are driving. That's final."

""Neither one?" So both of us, together? We hadn't done that before, but I guess-"

"Daire."

"I'm kidding. Kind of. Not really." She leaned forward. "Why can't we drive? We know how, and we're both better than over half the morons on the road."

"You're not driving, end of discussion."

"As interesting as this is, when does our day of fun start?" Jason questioned.

"After breakfast?" Dick suggested.

Bruce nodded, continuing to eat.

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

"This is ridiculous," Damian huffed, arms folded across his chest, eyes closed in annoyance.

"Come on, Dami. It'll be fun!"

"We weren't raised to have fun."

"No, but do you see us killing anybody?"

His eyes opened, and his head turned back to face Daire. He didn't have a response to that. He faced forward again, looking down the slide he was about to go down. Daire sat behind him, legs to either side of his and making the small space more cramped. Her arms wrapped gently around his waist, her body leaning into his.