OOTP // 04

Things with Umbridge didn't go any better after her disagreement with Harry Potter. It went on to disagreements with Professor McGonagall, and then Umbridge went around questioning teachers.

"She's a nightmare." Daphne whispered to me as Umbridge passed us, walking as though she owned the place.

I merely scoffed, shaking my head.

If this went on any longer, Hogwarts would never be the same.

"Oh, incoming." I warned as I spotted Marcus Flint headed straight for us.

"Ugh." He groaned, wedging himself in between Daphne and I.

I frowned, "What's up with you?"

"That Umbridge lady is driving me insane!" Marcus complained, crossing his arms. "So I was with Freya Danvers, and I mean, she's pretty. So I was there, trying to impress her with my many talents, and boy, she was ready to jump my bones, you know? And then Umbitch turns up and pushed us so far apart, I hit my head on the wall beside me. And Freya, she got major pissed."

I raised my eyebrows, "That would explain the red mark on your face."

"It still hurts!" Marcus exclaimed, fuming.

Daphne shot him a look, "Freya Danvers? Isn't she a Ravenclaw? What would a Ravenclaw be doing with someone like you?"

"I beg your pardon?" Marcus spluttered, offense written all over his face. "Someone like me?"

I patted him roughly on the back before he could start a fight.

"I'm sure you'll get her back or something." I reassured.

Marcus hummed in reply.

Merlin, I really hope he doesn't end up with Danvers. She's all sorts of crazy.

"Hey," The three of us looked up as Pansy made her way over. "You have to see this. It's Umbridge."

She hurried off, and we scrambled to our feets.

Pansy led us to the courtyard and we found Draco and Blaise there.

I squeezed my way through the students to stand between Blaise and Draco.

The next few moments were in silence, everyone watching intently.

"Bloody hell." Blaise muttered under his breath as the entire school population watched Umbridge fire Professor Trelawney.

"I kind of liked her," Daphne told us, disheartened. "Sure, she wasn't the most ordinary witch, but she was kinda funny and interesting."

Beside me, Draco shot Daphne an incredulous look.

I sighed, "I can't hear what's going on."

"Something's going down between Professor McGonagall and Umbridge." Draco informed me.

I stood on tiptoes, trying to catch a glimpse.

Draco glanced sideways at me and grinned. Then he placed a hand on my waist, steering me in front of him. There, I could see what was happening.

"Thanks." I quickly muttered to Draco, before focussing on the scene before us.

Professor Trelawney was shaking, Professor McGonagall hugging her. Umbridge was standing in front of them, a smirk on her stupid face.

I gritted my teeth.

The doors to the courtyard opened loudly, and Professor Dumbledore walked in, an air of authority around him.