HBP // 12

I let out a short yelp as someone slammed into my side, throwing me off balance.

I fell to the ground with a thump, my books scattered everywhere.

"Aria Weasley!" A boy donned in dark blue robes stopped running, rushing back to help me up. "I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking, I'm just really late to class."

"Well, in case you haven't noticed, Kyle, I'm late to class too." I huffed, picking my books off the ground.

Kyle gave me a toothy grin, passing me the remaining books. "It's nice to see you again, Aria. Nice hair, by the way. What class have you got?" He asked politely, absentmindedly pushing his glasses up.

Kyle was by far one of the most attractive boys in Hogwarts. His face seemed carved by Merlin himself, and he was on the Quidditch team. Not to mention, really intelligent too. Despite the glasses and stack of books he always sported, he wasn't much of a "nerd". He was Ravenclaw's golden boy, with a bad boy attitude that made many girls fall for him. I used to have a silly crush on him, but that was a long time ago.

"I've got Potions right now," I sighed, adjusting my bag. "Professor Slughorn. It's good to see you too."

Kyle stepped forward.

I gave him a wary look.

He towered above me, more than a head taller than I was. And he was also too close for my liking.

"I've missed talking to you, Weasley." He smiled.

I shrugged, "Thanks, but I'm really not all that interesting."

Kyle grew serious, "I'd really beg to differ."

Now, I was certain the next move Kyle made was going to result in me slapping the daylights out of him.

Before he could advance, however, a voice barked out.

"Ambrose."

Both Kyle and I turned to see Draco standing a distance away, jaw clenched.

Kyle smirked, "Fancy seeing you here, Malfoy."

"I'll bet." Draco replied shortly, voice low.

He moved nearer, until him and Kyle were inches away.

I watched them cautiously.

Kyle was taller by almost half a head, but Draco's stance never wavered. They were staring at each other now. I could feel the tension between both boys.

Almost a minute later, Draco spoke first. "I believe you have a class to get to, Ambrose."

There was a hint of threat in his tone, dominant.

A muscle ticked in Kyle's jaw. Then he scoffed softly, turning on his heel to leave.

I glanced after his disappearing figure.

"Hey." I muttered softly, when Draco came to stand beside me.

He didn't say a thing, just simply took my books from me.

"Come on, let's get to Potions." He said softly, and we both left the corridors for Potions.

Potions was a disaster.

The new professor, Horace Slughorn, made us brew the Draught of Living Dead. The one who made it best, according to him, would get a small vial of Felix Felicis. Liquid luck.

Draco had shot me a knowing look, and now we were both trying to brew the best potion. Along with the rest of the class.

"Aria, watch out!"

I had barely registered Dean Thomas' yell before one of the Sophophorus beans hit me square in the face.

Laughter erupted from all of my friends, and I turned to glower at Seamus Finnigan, who was looking sheepish.

"This is not funny." I seethed at my friends, and they laughed even harder.

I noticed the group of Gryffindors beside us was laughing as well. I pinned a glare on them, and they shut up.

Opposite me, Draco was stabbing aggressively at the stupid beans, and Blaise was glaring at his bean.

At the other table, I spotted Marcus curse at his bean, before glancing around to see if anyone was looking. Then, he dropped the entire bean into his cauldron.

I laughed to myself.

A frustrated groan was let out by Pansy, who was on the brink of crying.

I tried cutting the bean again, before it jumped out of my hands, smacking me in between the eyes.

Blaise burst out into the loudest laugh ever, bringing all eyes onto us.

Not long after, Seamus' cauldron exploded, bringing the attention off me.

I threw my knife onto the table, sitting on the floor. Under the table, I saw Blaise lying on the ground, still laughing but he sounded almost hysteric.

"Miss Weasley." Professor Slughorn appeared, frowning down at me.

I gave him a flat look.

He sighed, walking off.

Suffice to say, none of my friends won the vial of Felix Felicis.

We watched in bitterness as Harry Potter was awarded the vial.

Not long after, the bell rang and we streamed out of the classroom.

"Slughorn sure likes Potter." Pansy muttered in disdain wrinkling her nose.

I scoffed, "Did you see his face? Potter? He was smirking. Like he was better."

"The Chosen One," Blaise added, voice mocking. "I mean, we should've expected it. He gets chosen for everything. Blimey, you'd think he'd be tired of it by now."

Draco barked a laugh, "Tired? As if. Potter loves the attention. What a tosser."

We were so engrossed in our petty insults that we hadn't noticed a ginger boy walking near us. Or well, Ron.

My twin passed us, forcefully crashing his shoulders with Draco. "What's that about Harry?" He demanded aggressively.

I rolled my eyes, "Shut it, Ronald. Look, you're embarrassing your friends."

Hermione and Harry were giving the lot of us looks.

Ron glared at me, "You're the worst, Aria."

"Sure." I replied nonchalantly, before we left the scene.