DH // 29

It was two days into our seventh year of Hogwarts, when all hell broke loose.

The corridors were filled with hushed whispering, the common rooms with gossip and crying.

The younger students were terrified, and the older ones swallowed their fear to put on a façade everyone knew to be false.

Hogwarts wasn't the place it once used to be.

"This is outrageous." Pansy muttered, swallowing in anxiety.

Daphne and I were quiet. Even Millicent Bulstrode and Tracy Davis were awake, seated on Tracy's bed.

We had heard the news, of how the Carrows had used the Cruciatus curse on a second year, just an hour ago.

"Everywhere in this school, it's just crying and fear. It's sickening." Millicent spoke up, eyes distant.

Tracy was staring into space with horror on her face.

"We need to be smart about this, girls," I told them, sighing. "Don't put yourself in the spotlight, don't attract attention, basically just blend in. Be invisible. Stay safe."

The girls nodded, but it was as though they hadn't heard me at all.

Daphne placed her head in her hands.

Soon, we turned off the lights, and went to sleep.

I stayed awake, my mind too busy for sleep. It was nights like these that I would go down to the common room, stay bundled up in blankets by the fireplace, before Draco found me.

He always seemed to know whenever I needed him.

But now, the feeling of loneliness in my chest had grew into something unexplainable. It was eating at me, and loneliness, loneliness was the worst emotion I ever knew.

"Miss Weasley." I spun around to see Snape walking towards me. "I assume you are carrying out your task well?"

Was there ever a day, where he didn't sound like he was completely dead on the inside?

"Sure," I replied nonchalantly, continuing to walk. "Not much to do, really. Everyone's following orders, being totally dead. Perfect."

Snape didn't appreciate my snark tone, and it showed on his face. "You need to learn to stop running that mouth of yours every time you feel like it. There are dangerous people within these walls, and not even I can save you if you take it too far."

There was a slight hint of threat in his voice.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Are you threatening me, Professor? Last I checked, I'm helping you."

Snape only gave me a hard look, before he walked off.

I let out a soft groan, rubbing a hand across my face. Then I quickly proceeded to the Great Hall.

"Class starts in like, five minutes," Blaise said once he saw me. "What were you doing, planning out your nonexistent future?"

"Bloody hell, Blaise. You can be such a bitch sometimes." I snapped.

Pansy gave us looks, "What's up with the both of you? Settle your differences and let's get going."

"Don't wanna be late, now," Marcus huffed, dragging Daphne along. "We have the female Carrow for first period."

"Right. Well, have fun, Aria, Zabini. We'll see you guys after classes." Pansy waved, before she, along with Marcus and Daphne, ran to class.

Blaise and I picked up our pace to our class, bickering the whole way there.