HBP // 14

It was snowing.

I wrapped my coat tighter around my body, smiling at my friends.

Pansy and Marcus were throwing snowballs at each other, while Blaise and Daphne were somewhere in Hogsmeade. I was guessing it was Honeydukes.

Draco was rather quiet beside me. I knew he was thinking. I didn't want to bother him, so I remained silent as well.

"You wanna head in?" Pansy asked us, gesturing to The Three Broomsticks.

"Can you even say no to butterbeer?" I joked, before all four of us entered the shop.

Inside, it was buzzing with activity. I spotted Harry, Ron and Hermione at a table.

"Aria, is that your sister?" Marcus commented, looking at a table. "With Dean Thomas?"

I turned to see that it was Ginny indeed.

Kissing Dean.

I rolled my eyes, "I have to go wash my eyeballs now."

Pansy laughed.

"Look, it's Zabini." Marcus told us, moving over to where Blaise and Daphne sat with eagerness.

"And Greengrass. Hi, that's me, I'm here too," Daphne told him dryly. "I swear to Merlin, Flint is in love with Zabini."

Blaise smirked, "What can I say, Greengrass? I'm just that charming."

I startled as Draco grabbed my arm gently.

"I'm heading to toilet for a bit." He told me softly, before disappearing.

I blinked after him.

My friends were too busy arguing to notice.

I plopped down onto a chair, surveying The Three Broomsticks.

"The Slug Club?" Pansy questioned rhetorically, wrinkling her nose. "Is that even a thing?"

I tuned back to the conversation at her words, interested.

Blaise shrugged, "Slughorn wants me to go. Says my family name is simply brilliant. Apparently, my Potions isn't that bad either."

Daphne rolled her eyes, "You should've seen his reaction after Slughorn left. He was elated."

"It's just a stupid club where Slughorn takes credit for all your achievements." Marcus quipped bitterly, crossing his arms.

"Are you being jealous of his successes?" I gasped dramatically. "Marcus, you know that's not how we work."

"Who cares about Marcus, I want to know more about this club. Why wasn't I invited?" Pansy asked, annoyed.

Blaise arched an eyebrow, "Because you're horrible at Potions."

Pansy glared at him.

"Oh, and also," Blaise continued, brushing off her glare. "I asked for you to come with."

He was looking at me now.

"Aria? What's special about Aria?" Marcus sulked even more, and I flipped him the bird.

"What'd he say?" I asked Blaise, curious.

"Obviously he said no," Blaise replied hastily. "But the thing is, the moment I mentioned your name, he got all weird."

"Weird?" Pansy inquired, frowning.

Daphne nodded, "Yeah. He checked twice to make sure he got the correct Aria. He was like, 'Aria? Weasley? The girl with the blue hair?' And then Blaise confirmed it and Slughorn just stared at us in horror and walked off."