OOTP // 05

I entered the Room of Requirements, looking around in awe.

"This is cool." I remarked, to which Fred and George grinned.

"Aria," Dean Thomas came over, eyebrows raised. "How come you're here?"

I shrugged, "Fred and George decided to drag me here. I told them I'd only join 'Dumbledore's Army' for today. Then I'm gone. I'm just wondering what you guys were up to."

For the next hour or so, I walked around, watching the students practice their charms.

Ever since Umbridge had taken over the bloody school, Harry had decided to teach the students proper spells. Umbridge didn't believe Voldemort was back. We knew better. I knew better.

I passed the mirror in the room, the one where pictures were pasted upon. Each picture, a reason to fight back.

James and Lily Potter.

The twelve years Sirius Black spent in Azkaban for a crime he didn't commit.

Cedric Diggory.

My heart grew heavy.

I missed Cedric terribly.

He was the life of the party, the boy everyone loved, and yet remained so humble, so pure.

And if I were to go down fighting, I'd fight for his name, for all of theirs.

Apparently, I was a horrible person.

I continued dropping by practice sessions as the months passed. Without telling my friends whatsoever.

It was nearing Christmas, and everyone was so excited about it. No one really noticed when I slipped off.

Which was why it came as a shock to me when Blaise cornered me one chilly night.

"Where have you been off to recently, eh?" He demanded, trapping me in between the pillar and his body.

I surveyed my surroundings cautiously, "Uh, nowhere. Around."

"Aria," Blaise snapped. "Don't lie to me. I'm your best friend. I can tell when you're lying."

I sighed, dragging Blaise away from the corridors and towards the dungeons.

As we entered the common room, I saw that it was partially empty.

"You can't tell anyone," I warned, pulling him towards a secluded couch. "Not a soul."

That sparked Blaise's interest. With a glint in his eyes, he nodded.

I groaned, "You're going to hate me."

Blaise cocked an eyebrow and I hurried to continue.

"I hope you you don't hate me." I muttered, and Blaise sighed impatiently.

"Merlin's beard, Aria. Just tell me."

And I did.

I explained everything, from the start and how my brothers had asked me to join Dumbledore's Army.

Blaise's face remained impassive the entire time I spoke.

I ended off with reasoning for my actions, in hopes that he wouldn't be too pissed with me.

When I fell silent, Blaise still hadn't said a word.

Finally, "Why didn't you tell me?"

I shrugged, "I didn't know how to. Draco literally worships Umbridge—"