OOTP // 06

Christmas was here.

I loved Christmas. It was the most festive time of the year. The carols, the lights, the food, the atmosphere. And I got to spend my favourite holiday with my family.

How truly wonderful.

I closed my eyes in irritation as Ron ran past me, hollering at the top of his lungs. Fred chased after him, shouting as cheerfully.

George heaved a sigh as he plopped down beside me on the couch.

"Sometimes I forget you're the younger one." I remarked dryly to him.

George laughed, "Maybe Mum messed us up and I was actually born older."

"Sounds like something Mum would do." I replied, yawning.

I closed the copy of Beedle The Bard I had in my hands.

George raised an eyebrow, "You're reading that stupid book?"

"It's not stupid," I snapped, standing up. "I actually enjoy it. Besides, it reminds me of the times Mum used to read it to us."

"Yeah, like a gazillion years ago." George joked, getting to his feet as well.

I rolled my eyes, walking into the dining room.

"I'm fifteen, George." I reminded.

"What?!" George gaped.

I gave him a flat look.

"Are we not two years apart?" He questioned, puzzled.

I shook my head, going to get the plates. I laid them out on the table.

"Oh, right," George murmured behind me. "I'm not twelve anymore."

"Sorry, George," I told him, feigning sincerity. "That was five years ago."

George sat down on one of the dining chairs, disheartened.

"Mum says dinner's ready." Ginny announced, entering the room.

She came over to help with preparing the dishes.

"It feels strange, doesn't it?" She muttered to me. "Bill, Charlie and Percy not being here for Christmas."

I nodded, "It's the first Christmas they've all missed."

It was true. My older brothers were busy, but never that busy.

Bill had told us in advance that he was missing Christmas, but we only received word from Charlie a few days ago. It upset me, but I didn't show it. I always looked forward to having Charlie at home. He was away in Romania pretty much most year round, so the entire family constantly misses him.

And Percy? No one really expected Percy to be home.

Soon, everyone was settled into their chairs.

Ron was eyeing the food hungrily, Fred and George were bickering and Ginny was telling me about how school had been for her recently. So far, she was in the midst of calling Umbridge a toad and "needs to be kicked into the Forbidden Forest or locked away in Azkaban".

We all looked up as Harry Potter entered the dining room, Sirius Black behind him.

At the head of the table, Mum had wheeled Dad into the room as well. Dad was in a wheelchair, face bandaged up but a grin was evident on his face.

"Alright," Mum announced happily. "Daddy's back!"

The table broke out in claps and happy chattering and I laughed. I was beyond elated that my father was alive and well.