DH // 33

I picked up my pace.

My shoes were clicking against the tiles, and I was earning annoyed looks from a lot of people, but I didn't care.

I had come to realise that the Death Eaters didn't seem to mind me much. Snape must've said something about me helping them. What a load of horsecrap.

I was about to turn to the courtyard to meet Marcus, when I ran into a familiar face.

Cormac McLaggen startled when we came into contact, his eyes widening.

"Whoa, in a rush, are we?" I mocked.

Cormac smirked, "Hey, sweetheart."

I scoffed. What an arse. I wondered if I had to hold up a big paper that read "Draco Malfoy is my boyfriend". I doubt that would even stop Cormac.

Before I knew it, Cormac had disappeared.

Strange. He was always finding excuses to talk to me.

Suspicion grew in my chest, and I hurried in the direction Cormac had gone.

Soon, my gaze fell upon his familiar blonde hair. I followed him a bit, until we came to a rather secluded part of Hogwarts.

I ducked behind a pillar as Cormac turned, eyes surveying his surroundings. Then, he turned to the wall before him. Slowly, a door appeared, etched into the bricks.

I frowned. The Room of Requirement.

Cormac quickly disappeared into it.

I started forward, but the door vanished in an instant.

A smile played at my lips.

The Gryffindors were definitely up to something.

I pushed open the doors to the Headmaster's office.

I couldn't help the distaste rising up upon seeing Snape seated at the place Dumbledore once used to own.

"Miss Weasley," Snape greeted, tone rude. "Knocking is a wonderful thing."

I brushed it off. "Look, you told me that I'd get to see Draco at least once. It's been like, three months." I demanded.

Snape narrowed his eyes, "I said, if you did your task well. I haven't heard anything."

"That's because there's nothing to tell. No one's planning a revolution or conspiring against you, professor." I snapped.

My arms were crossed tightly against my chest.

"I have a feeling you're not being honest with me." Snape told me.

I scoffed, "Same thing could be said about you."

There was a pause, before, "I beg your pardon, Miss Weasley?"

"I did some digging," I informed Snape, putting a silencing spell over the room to prevent prying ears. "And I found a lot over the course of the few months I started my research. Lily Potter, professor? That's why you never liked Harry. Because he was the son of the boy who always bullied you—"

"That's enough!" Snape hissed.

I held up my hand to halt his words.

I continued, "I found many interesting things. Also, there's the fact that Dumbledore trusted you, and I trust Dumbledore. So, professor, whose side are you really on?"

We were standing in dangerous waters. We were either on the same side, or not.

I could see Snape thinking. To lie, or not to. If he confirmed my suspicions of him being loyal to Dumbledore, I may be on Voldemort's side. After all, to him, my family had turned on me, and I would follow Draco to the pits of hell. I wouldn't really, in reality. I would have just packed his lunch for him.

"We had a plan," Snape started, and I smiled. "Dumbledore knew from the start this would all play out. We had a plan."

"He was dying anyway. By killing him, you could save Draco, and save Dumbledore from dying of an illness that would slowly eat at him until there was nothing left. A win-win on both sides of the board." I continued for Snape, and he nodded.

I let out a soft sigh. Relief was flooding my being.

"So all this time, you were playing both roles." I mumbled.

Then I clapped my hands together, making Snape jump slightly.

I laughed.

"Well then, what's your plan to end this mess?" I asked, inviting myself to sit opposite Snape.

He shot me a look, "There is no ending this war."

But he told me. Everything. From the start. About Harry's parents, and how Dumbledore came about this plan.

And about Draco, who Dumbledore so confidently believed in.

"He knew of your powers, the dark magic," Snape explained. "If Draco was to be murdered, you would end up killing the whole of the wizarding world."

"I'm that powerful?" I questioned, eyes wide.

Snape arched an eyebrow, "No."