DH // 22

I glanced up from the letter in my hand, irritated.

Ginny has been giving me looks for the past few minutes, and it was driving me insane.

"Do you mind?" I snapped.

Ginny rolled her eyes, before turning away.

Everyone else had gone off to fetch Harry from Privet Drive, leaving only Mum, Ginny, Charlie and I here. Mum had to look after the house, Ginny was still underage to help with the plan, Charlie had a horrible cold and preferred lying under a pile of blankets, and I was here because no one wanted me to help.

Even after Harry had recounted the events of the murder and cleared Draco's name, no one dared trust me.

I sighed, going back to read the letter in my hands. It was from Blaise. As usual.

A crash sounded outside the house and Mum ran out, Ginny trailing along.

I stayed on the couch, flipping through all the letters I had received this break. Which could've easily added up to a hundred.

But none of them were from him.

I looked up as George stumbled into the house, arm around Remus.

My eyes widened as I saw the blood coming from George's left ear. "Bloody hell." I muttered, grabbing my letters off the couch and getting up.

"What happened?" I asked, looking George up and down.

"They were waiting for us. We didn't stand a chance. As soon as we left, they attacked." Remus told us, seeming stressed out.

His eyes flickered to Harry, who had also arrived, and he pushed Harry against the wall, pointing his wand at Harry's neck.

"What creature was sitting at the corner of my office the first time Harry Potter visited my office?" He asked.

"Are you mad?!" Harry yelled.

"What creature?!" Remus asked again louder.

"Grindylow!" Harry shouted in response.

Remus let go of him, giving us an apologetic look, "We can't take any chances."

Footsteps were heard as Fred ran in, Dad behind him.

Fred's eyes widened as he looked at George. He immediately rushed towards the couch, kneeling down.

"How are you, Georgie?" Fred asked lightly.

I smiled to myself. No matter how severe the situation was, Fred and George would always make everything alright.

George whispered something to Fred.

"Come again?" Fred asked, confused.

I watched as George cracked a small smile. He pointed to his ear, or what's left of it anyways.

"Saint-like. Get it? I'm 'holey'."

I let out a small laugh, Fred doing the same.

"Of all the ear related humour, you had to choose 'I'm holey'. It's pathetic." Fred said, smiling.

Soon, everyone was back.

We learned from Bill that Mundungus Fletcher had ran off the first chance he got, and that Mad-Eye was dead.

It was bad news to all of us, but I think Harry took it the worst. After all, they did put themselves at risk for him.

"One, two, three!" I watched in amusement as the men of the family hauled the tent up into the air.

It was officially the wedding day of Bill and Fleur.

Once each peg of the tent was settled into the ground, Dad heaved a sigh of relief, wiping sweat from his forehead.

"What are you smiling about?" George teased, walking past me to grab another tent. "Want to help?"

I shook my head, "I'm good."

Fred chucked a peg at me and I ducked.

"Stop bullying your sister." Dad chastised lightly.

The twins gasped in unison. "Favouritism!" They chanted, walking off.

I laughed to myself.

"Aria!" Mum's yell sounded from within the house. "Kitchen!"

I quickly scrambled to my feet, running into the house.

Ginny dashed past me, covered in flour.

"It's a mess in there," She fretted, slowing down. "You need to help us."

I frowned. "Get Charlie!" I yelled after her.

I entered the kitchen to see Charlie already there, furiously beating a bowl of egg.

I laughed, "Working hard now, are we?"

He flicked a spoon of egg at me.

"Ugh." I muttered, wiping the egg off my clothes before smacking it onto my brother's face.

"You little—"

"Charles!" Mum appeared at the doorway, hands on hips.

Charlie's eyes widened, before he removed the spoon he had previously held at me. He quickly went back to beating the egg.

"Aria, the oven." Mum instructed and I quickly moved towards the oven to retrieve the cake from it.

Soon, Ginny joined us back in the kitchen, where she launched into an argument with Charlie.

It was hilarious to see Charlie lose his cool. Despite always being level-headed, Charlie had the worst temper when he was in the kitchen, helping with the food.

A loud yell, followed by a crash, hindered Charlie and Ginny from arguing any further. There was utter silence, before I heard Ron and George shout.

"I give up." Bill told us, walking into the kitchen.

"What are your brothers up to now?" Mum asked sternly, preparing a platter of food calmly.

Bill groaned, "They're fighting over the food."

"Well, that would be Ronald for you." Ginny drawled out dryly.

"Where's my fiancée, anyway?" Bill asked, and his eyes lit up for a flitting moment.

I shrugged, "With Hermione, I presume. You probably don't want to interrupt their bonding time."

"Right." Bill noted, before he disappeared out the house again.

"This is disastrous," Charlie remarked, looking upset. "I miss my dragons."