DH // 42

"He went where?" I asked in disbelief.

Ron groaned, "To the Forbidden Forest."

"To face Voldemort." Hermione added softly.

"You dimwitted people," I gasped. "You let him?"

Hermione shot me a dark look, "Harry knows what he's doing. We trust him."

"Dimwitted." Draco muttered from behind me.

Ron snapped his head up to look at my man, "You wanna say that louder, Malfoy?"

I sighed, "Please, don't start. Let's just get through this war without killing each other. We've already lost so much."

Just as the words were out of my mouth, heavy footsteps sounded.

"Aria! Aria!"

I turned to see Daphne running towards me.

My eyes widened at the tears running down her face. Daphne hardly ever cried. Well, in front of others at least.

"It's Blaise," She cried out. "Aria."

Then she was sobbing in my arms, while I stared at her in horror.

"No." Draco breathed out, before he was sprinting off.

"What happened? Daphne, what happened to Blaise? Where is he?" I urged, heart pounding too quickly.

Daphne shook her head, "I don't know. I don't know what happened. He's outside, in the corridors on the seventh floor. We found him there and there's too much blood. We couldn't move him."

She was rambling on and on.

The breath was stuck in my throat.

Without another word, I was off, following after Draco. Ron and Hermione followed closely behind.

All the time I was running, there was only one thought in my mind.

No more. No more lives. Blaise couldn't be lost from us. I had already lost friends and family. No more.

As I neared the corridors, I saw Draco kneeling beside Blaise.

Professor McGonagall was there, with Madam Pomfrey.

"We need to get this boy to the hospital wing," Professor McGonagall instructed. "Try to move him carefully. But quickly please, he's bleeding out."

"Is he alive?" I fumbled wih my words, panicking. "Blaise, is he breathing?"

"He's alive. He's alive." Draco reassured me, catching my flailing arms in his.

I watched, forlorn, as Blaise was picked off the ground with a simple spell, and moved towards the hospital wing.

"Aria."

I whirled around.

Pansy had a relieved look on her face, hands stained with blood. She was holding her left arm.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I fussed.

She nodded seriously, "I'm fine. I just got hit by a hex. Nothing Madam Pomfrey can't fix. But we need to get to Blaise."

"What happened?"

"Marcus found him near death. We don't know much, all we know is that Blaise was alone, bleeding out. We weren't sure who attacked him. No one else was there."

I frowned.

Someone had attacked Blaise, but didn't kill him.

I brushed it off, the four of us running to the hospital wing.