Thirty Six

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

The memories return to me like a flood.

It's like as if my past is flashing right before my eyes.

All of a sudden, my memories of Bomi abusing me appears in my mind. The times that I yearned for Jae, the times where I had a small ray of hope that Jae would turn up and comfort me. She would tell me that everything will be alright.

Just as I'm about to speak, a little girl's voice is heard from behind Jae. "Mummy! Look! Princess crowns-" but stops when she sees me.

I frown slightly upon hearing the word, mummy. My eyes widen when I see not one, but two identical girls staring at me with the same expressions on their faces. They're definitely twins.

Jae's a mother now? Since when?

"Who that?" One of the girls question in a cute babylike voice and points at me.

I glance at Jae waiting for her to answer. She continues to stare at me in disbelief. "He's...umm..." She replies in hesitancy.

With a sharp intake of breath, I muster up the courage to speak. "So you're a mother now, huh?"

Her expression suddenly changes into a serious one. "Yes." She simply replies.

I nod.

"Mummy. Look! I have crowns for me and Maemae!" One of the little girls speak with a wide grin on her face as she holds up the silver tiara in her small cute hands.

Jae smiles at her. "That tiara is beautiful, sweetheart." She says and takes the tiara from the girl.

"Thank chu." The other girl utters, causing a small smile to form across my lips at how polite her manners are. They have Jae's qualities.

"Now where is your-" Jae's about to ask and looks around before another voice interrupts.

"Looking for me, baby?" A familiar voice speaks from beside her.

When I glance at the owner of the voice, my eyes widen in shock. No way. Mark?

"Yeah. The girls picked up tiaras for themselves again." Jae replies and chuckles lightly.

Mark smiles and shakes his head. He crouches down to the twins' level. "Girls, why don't you go with mummy to buy your crowns and then we'll take you to the toy store afterwards. How does that sound?" He suggests with a smile on his face.