Thirty Seven

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

I enter my workplace, bombarded by Happy New Year greetings by my workers. I send a fake smile and wish them back.

Entering my office, I spot Jaehyun sorting out the piles of paperwork on my desk. Then he glances at me and sends a bow. "Oh hello, sir."

I smile and greet him back. "Hello, Jaehyun." I walk towards my chair and sit down, leaning my head back and sighing.

"How was your morning?" He questions, taking a seat beside me.

"The usual. Nothing new. You?" I simply reply.

"Mine was good." He replies, smiling widely.

I nod and twirl around in my chair. "That's great to hear."

Jaehyun sorts through the paperwork, adding extra points.

I close my eyes and a sudden memory of Jae from yesterday appears in my mind. My heart races just thinking about her. She's still so gorgeous.

My heart suddenly aches at the thought of seeing her with Mark yesterday. I can't believe they're together. Why him? If only she knew...

Then my phone rings, causing me to flinch and snap out of my thoughts. Yoongi's name appears on my screen. I pick it up and bring it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Listen, I have a meeting later on today and Jimin told me to pick up Jesung after school today. So you can do it just for today." He says.

"Alright, that's fine." I reply.

"Okay thanks." Yoongi simply says before hanging up.

Shaking my head, I also lock my phone and put it down on my desk.

"Sir, can I ask you something?" Jaehyun questions.

I glance at him and nod. "Yes?"

"I heard you were married before. Is it true?" He asks, waiting for an answer.

Breathing out a sigh, I glance at him and nod. "Yeah. I was."

His eyes enlarge, staring at me with utter shock written on his face. "Really? When?"

Smiling to myself and shaking my head, I respond, "Back in high school. You could say it was a teenage marriage."