Part 4 "Who to trust?"

Seiko's p.o.v

As I arose from the comfort of my bed, I stand next to it with messy strands of hair clung to my forehead with moisture. I slowly moved to the bathroom, I then lent my upper body on the sink and stared at myself in the mirror. I look like real mess. I twisted the handle on the sink and cupped my hands, I brought my hands closer to the water until they came into contact, I splashed my sleepy face with the cold water. I proceeded to do this a couple more times before finally patting my face dry with a flannel. I walked into my bedroom, put on my uniform and opened my curtains to reveal that the town was covered with a thick mist, it was a truly dreary sight. "I'm guessing it will clear up in no time." Whispered to myself in a cheerful tone. I glanced up at the clock located above my bed, 6:45. It was about time that I got the others up.

I walked up to Yuu and Kei's room and then to my sister, Aya's room, After waking them up, I go downstairs and make breakfast for us four. I don't have to worry about dad in the morning because he has to be up earlier than me in order to get to work on time, he normally leaves before I get up. Whilst everyone else is getting washed and dressed, I sit there in silence. By the time they come down, it's already five to seven. At mornings, we don't really talk to each other, I think it's just down to everyone being too tired, I hear Yuu complaining most times about being to tired and not willing to go to school. They all sit down without making any eye contact which was classed as normal in the morning, they finish their breakfast and head off upstairs to pack their bags, as for me, I get to clean up the dishes then get the rest of my stuff ready. After the dishes are washed and dried. I go upstairs and pack my bags. I am surprised to see Yuu, Kei and Aya already down there, normally, I'm downstairs before them, I smile at the sight of Yuu taking responsibility, getting his younger siblings ready. He's growing up so fast.

Yuu notices me staring at him with a grin, he gives me an expression of annoyance. "Uhhh...Seiko, are you alright?" He asks me worriedly. I smile politely as I completely bypass his question. I put my bag on my shoulder and head out of the door with Yuu and the others closely following me. Me and Yuu go our separate ways, Yuu always drops Kei and Aya off at school seeing as his middle school is close to their elementary school. I walk down the path alone until I reach Naomi's house. I knock on her door and wait for a response. I hear a voice shout. I instantly assume that it is Naomi, I couldn't make out what she was saying though. I wait there for a few minutes until I decide to perch myself up against the brick wall outside her house. I hear Naomi rush out of her house, startled, I looked at her with a surprised expression and she looked back at me with a red face. I gave her a confused reaction.

"Naomi...Are you ok?" She looked at me and changed her current facial state to a more relaxed one insteàd. "I.. I'm Ok." She said exhausted, then she started again. "I thought I was late, I thought you had already gone to school...without me." She once again changed her expression, this time to a saddened look. I gently placed my hand on her shoulder and assured her that I wasn't going to go without her nor plan to do that, we then turned to the direction of the school, side by side. On the way to school, she brought up the subject of what had occurred yesterday at her house. I blushed at the fact that it was true, i'm glad that it happened though, I really did confess. When she turned to look at me, it was quite clear that she smiled at me being flushed. I feel her hand close to mine, purposefully brushing against it. She takes a quick glimpse at me before grabbing my hand. I smile and maneuver mine until my fingers were interlocked with hers, she squeezes hard and I squeeze back with not a lot of force. She moves closer to my head and then whispers in my ear. "I love you."

I then become mischievous and grab onto her lower body, I bury my head into her chest, waiting for a "Seiko!"  or her to lightly smack me on the head, but that never came, she just smiled and stroked my hair. I revert back to my original state as the school comes into our sights, we let go of each others hands. We walk up to the school gates and into the school perimeter only to be greeted by our homeroom teacher, Miss Yui. "Oh, hello Nakashima and Shinohara." She looked at us with a smile and proceeded on her way not stopping for a reply. Me and Naomi then continued on our way to our classroom, passing through the halls until we finally arrived. We entered to find that the class president was the only one there. We walked up to her and she turned to face us. "Hi, shinozaki, you all right?" I asked in a cheerful tone. She returned a reply in the same tone as me. "Yes, i'm fine thank you, just been busy, what about you two? She replied. "Yeah, I've been good." Naomi also responded to this question, "Yeah i'm ok." Me, Naomi and Ayumi had a long conversation before being interrupted by the loud clashing of chairs as Yoshiki, Satoshi, Mayu and Morishige enter and sit down. A few minutes later, Miss Yui comes in with arms full of paper.