Part 13 "Uncertainty"

Naomi's P.O.V

I feel the warm morning sun hit my face as it slowly rises over the neighbourhood houses. Unfortunately, It blinds me, making me turn my head away. I struggle to get up off of my bed, I fall in the process and lay there letting out a small grunt. I hear the soft rumbling noise of my phone on the top draw next to my bed. It shakes and lights, the noise of the persistent, annoying vibrating phone was in all too much for me to handle in the early hours of the morning, So I decided to get up and check out what it was that was making my phone vibrate so much. 3 messages from Seiko and 1 missed phone call from Seiko. I wonder why Seiko was so urgent on the messaging, what could it be exactly? Seiko: Naomi, I don't see your sexiness here at school, where are you? x. I chuckle a little bit before turning my grin into a frown. School? I turn to look at my calendar on my desk.  

Tuesday, that's right. Seiko was attacked on Sunday and I waited with her in the hospital all night, we didn't go to school  yesterday. I didn't have enough time to read the other two messages. I panicked a bit before rushing into my bathroom to have a quick shower. Five minutes later, I returned from the bathroom and into my room to get dressed. I put on my normal school wear and jogged downstairs. I then quickly buttered some bread before putting my bag on my shoulder. I locked the door on my way out, holding the bread firmly between my teeth. I speed walk to school, trying to save as much time as possible. I see someone in the distance, they look familiar. As I get closer and closer, I began to see the details in what they are wearing. Kisaragi uniform? They turn my way, they take a step and look up before retracting their foot back in. I am slightly shocked by this. "Satoshi, hey where are you running off to?" I shout as he runs the other way.

I decide to run after him, trying to not let him leave my sight. He was slightly faster than me, he turned his head around to look at me before running around the corner. As I turn around the corner, everything turns black.

Seiko's P.O.V

Naomi, where are you? I feel so lonely with out you here. Hopefully she's not i-. My thoughts were interrupted by Ms Yui waving frantically at me. "Shinohara, please stop day dreaming, I really don't want to have to make you stay in at lunch." She requested. I nodded at her as she smiled at me. I looked at the clock in the far corner to see what time it is. Thirty minutes till the end of the lesson. "Looking at the clock won't make it go faster, Shinohara." Miss Yui said with slight annoyance. Everyone turned their heads towards the door when a faint knocking sound was hear emitting from it. Miss Yui motioned for them to come in. I gulped hard as they walked in. Mayu looked at me with eyes wide open as so did Yoshiki. Satoshi smiled as he drew nearer towards his desk. He gave me a condescending grin as he sat down. The thirty minutes past by quickly. I pack up to leave and say good bye to the others, I am left to walk home alone, without the one that occupies my thoughts.

It starts to rain hard as the sky turns into a murky greyish colour, I run the rest of the way home with my bag held closely above my head. I struggle to get my keys as my hands tremble with coldness. Fortunately, Yuu was at the door and let me in. "Seiko, you look terrible." He observed. I sniffed and shook his hair with my rain soaked hand. "Huh, Se-Seiko, I gonna get a cold." He mumbled. "Where's Dad?" I asked. "He's working late again." He moaned. I smiled and ran upstairs towards the bathroom and took a quick shower. After that I got dressed into some casual clothes. I'm gonna go over and see if Naomi's ok. With that said, I was off downstairs and putting my shoes on but was interrupted by Aya. "Big sis, where are you going?" She spoke. "My friend is ill and so I'm going to go see her." I smiled. She smiled back and was on her way back to her toys in the living room. I left my house with my coat and trainers on. I jogged over to her house and up onto her porch where the light shone brightly into my eyes. I knocked on her door three times until I heard the faint sound of footsteps draw nearer towards me.

To my surprise, It was her mother. "Miss Nakashima, is Naomi ok because we didn't see her in class today and so I assumed that she was ill." I asked worriedly. She looked down at the floor. "No, I haven't." She mumbled. "I've called her and messaged her for three hours now, and she hasn't answered me." She whimpered. "Is she missing, if so then I'm going to go look for her." I responded. Without her replying, I turned around and walked towards the park. I called out for her but nothing happened. I continued to circle the area for any signs of her, I started to cry, tears running slowly down my face. I took out my phone and put the assistive light on, hoping that it would help a little bit. What happens if I ring her, wouldn't her phone make a ringtone sound or something. it was an idea and so I used it. I rang her constantly hoping for a sign. I felt something wrap around my foot, making me fall, I fell into steep ditch, sliding on the sides of it until I finally came to a stop. It was dark and I couldn't see a thing. I tried to move my ankle but it hurt too much. I wept there in the ditch, slowly cradling my phone. I decided to call her once again.

I heard a distant chiming, It sounded familiar. Naomi, is that you? I tried to get up but my ankle still shot up the pain I had before but I pushed through it. Struggling to keep balance, I stood up and wobbled over to where I thought I heard the noise. I saw a light flickering in time with the chiming. That has to be her. I stumbled closer to it and saw the light bouncing of something blue and yellow. Could that be her uniform? My heart began racing as I got nearer. I put my assistive light on again and shone it onto where the phone is. "Naomi" I bawled. I hopped on one foot over towards her unresponsive body slowly cradling her. I hear her breathing and this relaxes me more. The rain patters on her face, she flinches at this, slowly moving her head and finally opening her eyes. She doesn't speak but she does smile at me. I put my hand on her face and remove some of the mud marks that have been left there. She sits up and embraces me. "I love you." She whispers. "I love you too" I whisper back

"I will never let you go."

She smiles

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed that chapter/part because it was fun to write the mystery sort thing, will she remember and stuff like that. I was going to update yesterday but I lost all my work and my laptop and it wouldn't let me go onto the site, saying that it was unsafe or something like that but oh well. Anyways, thank you for supporting me, voting, commenting and reading because it always helps me out in any way.

Clowdidiana :)