Part 20 'Where is she?'

Naomi's P.O.V

I sat next to Seiko with one arm wrapped around her back, I laid my head on her shoulder whilst she gently caressed my hair. She looked across the dark and eerie room as if trying to look for something, I let go of her and stretched out my arms whilst I took a big yawn. As if something had clicked in her head, Seiko glanced across at me and produced a tiny grin before climbing to her feet. She let down a hand for me which I evidently took. I looked across he room at Yoshiki and Yuki who were chatting carefree like before. Both of them exchanged long glances at each other, smiling and laughing as if they were in a safe place other than here. Yuki's blue glow continued to light up the room and everyone in it.

Seiko gripped my hand with not a lot of force and grinned at me with her signature kitty smile. "You can definitely keep peoples spirits up." I started. "Hehe, well that is my speciality." She spoke. An awkward silence covered the room, all conversation had stopped and everyone just sat down including me and Seiko. "Its your birthday tomorrow, Naomi." Seiko spoke. That's right, 14th of December, Seiko's is pretty soon as well. "Yeah it is, totally forgot about it. Yours is pretty close too, just 9 more days." I replied. She reached into her bag and moved her hand furiously around as if to find something. After a few minutes of watching Seiko scrounging around in her bag, she finally came to a halt. She turned the upper half of her body to face me and kept both of her hands behind her back. "Seiko?" I whispered. She blushed and looked down at her feet, to this, I moved my hand up to her chin and lifted her head up. She was blushing from cheek to cheek. "Naomi? I wanted to give this to you for your birthday but I'm not sure what will happen tomorrow, its a little something from me." She stuttered. "Aww, thank you Seiko." I Whispered as I gave her a peck on her lips.

I admired the beautifully presented red box before untying the delicate ribbon. I took off the top of the box and was flabbergasted by what laid inside. I took out the gold, elaborate and exquisite necklace. My name was printed on the outside of the small picture frame and Seiko's on the other side. I was astonished by this gift. "Sei...Seiko its beautiful." I spoke with my mouth wide open. Her blushing came to a halt and before I knew it, Seiko had managed to latch herself onto me. I wrapped my arms around her and embraced her fully. All conversation had yet again stopped. Still smiling , I looked around the room and saw terror planted on Yoshiki's face. "Oh now now Yoshiki, surely its not that bad." Seiko teased. "Shin-Shinohara look out." He shouted towards us. Confused by this, I looked behind unknowingly. I was in shock to see that Satoshi was standing there with a blood soaked sleeve. Shinohara frowned and grinded her teeth, I glanced over at Yoshiki who also shared the same expression. The expressionless Satoshi just stood there, not moving an inch. I started to ponder about the situation. Why are you just standing there? Satoshi, what is it you want?

"I'm so-so...sorry." He managed to spit out before colapsing on the spot. "Satoshi!" Yoshiki called out. Before I could look behind, I saw Yoshiki's body run towards the dazed Satoshi. He bent down and started to shake Satoshi's body vigorously. "Hey, Satoshi. Wake up, can you hear me?" Yoshiki deperately called out. "Yoshiki, get away from him. Don't you remember anything about what we have just gone through?" I barked. This would be how Yoshiki would react, afterall, they are best friends...Well maybe not. If I saw Seiko after an argument and she collapsed infront of me, I would help her nevertheless if we hated each other or not. His face couldn't be read clearly but the whimpers and his shaking body could only mean that he is either crying quietly or on the verge of splitting. He didn't react or reply to my shouts, the only thing left for me to do is for me to physically check on him. I slowly put down the priceless locket and and moved over to where Yoshiki knelt down.

I placed my hand onto his shaky shoulders, on the other hand, Satoshi just stayed as he did, as if taking in his surroundings with mere movement. An awkward silence drowned the room and everyone in it. I glanced over at his hand and thought of the worse but I tried to think of something else before I start any accusations. The only question that engulfed my mind was why. Whatever it was...Whatever his excuse may be, it would always end in my mind as ludicrous and unreasonable. How could someone put us through such pain once again even though they would also experience it? What goes through his mind? What happened to the Satoshi we all knew to be cowardly but a kind hearted teenager? My thoughts were interrupted by Satoshi sniffling. "Why? Why is life so cruel?" Satoshi mumbled to himself. He looked down and forcefully squeezed his injured hand. His facial expressions and grunts show us that he was indeed in pain. "The pain Mayu inflicted on me was absolutely deserved." He whimpered. "Wait, Mayu's alive?" Seiko asked. He nodded but didn't say a word. Seiko moved quickly over towards us and knelt down, staring hard at Satoshi with focused eyes. "Well where is she?"

"Well she kinda ran away from me after I got pushed by her, I have no idea of her whereabouts now." He murmered. Seiko grunted loudly and slammed her hand against the floor, hurting herself in the process. "Dammit." She shouted as she rubbed her reddened hand. Her sudden out burst was enough to make us all jump, including Yuki who was quietly observing the room. "Well, I don't know about you guys but i'm going to find her." Yoshiki declared. He got up and proceeded towards the door of the classroom, he stopped and turned around. "Well, thats the queue for you guys to follow." He urged. Having all of our other ideas strained or unable to do, I set about getting up and let down a hand for Seiko who she immediately obliged to. I smiled but soon it turned the other way. I looked down at Satoshi, almost feeling sorry for him. He may seem innocent at the moment, but as soon as one of us turns our backs, the situation is bound to go pear shaped. I took a prolonged sigh and also let my hand down for him. He looked up at me with reddened eyes and produced the tiniest smile. He got up and brushed himself off before proceeding to the door where Yoshiki was standing.

"Right, lets go, wait- Yuki, you coming?" Yoshiki called back to her. Yuki's eyes widened to the sound of his voice and soon she came towards us. Yoshiki smiled a walked infront with his head up high, not noticing the hole in the floor. "Yoshiki, watch where-" Seiko stopped as she saw Yoshiki just standing there in front of the hole. Well at least he didn't fall in it. "Hey guys, look." He sounded surprised. All of us crowed around the excited boy in order to see what he was on about. He bent down and pulled out something from his pocket. He shone the light from his phone into the hole. "Yes, yes." He chirped. "What, what is it?" He reached down and grabbed something out of the hole. A few seconds later, he stood up and turned around with a smile as big as ever. I was in awe, pure astonishment. How did he find one so easily?

We are all one more step closer to going home...Again.

Hey guys, hope that part was ok. I'm sorry for the parts being so slow but I have been very ill since I came back from Calofornia. I have had none stop Headaches/Earaches and I also have a cold. I've been doing little paragraphs so I didn't have to do it all when I stopped being ill. Hopefully you all had a great New Years with Family/Friends. I wanna quickly say Thank You for making the last half of last year a great one, the guys that have been reading/commenting/voting, you really had made 2014 a great year, now hopefully 2015 can be like that too. Thank You for reading and I will do the next part hopefully on Monday. Have a great start to the year.

Clowdidiana :)