***Chapter9***

Edited

CHAPTER9

Confused. It's a simple word. Eight simple letters that I hate deeply. This one word can drive me crazy. It can make me feel like hell. There is one thing that is very important to know about me and that is: I don't like being confused. No scratch that, I hate being confused and thanks to Yusuf now I'm feeling exactly like that. Confused more than ever.

I looked at the man in front of me, is this a joke?

What has happened in a mere of one night? Is it finally the end of the world? Did the sun rise from west this morning?

Why is the man who spent his whole life glaring at me, bringing me breakfast in bed?

What has happened?

I look at Yusuf as he put breakfast on the table by our bed. I looked at him closely, not once blinking trying to figure out if this was a dream. I have already pinched myself far from once and I haven't woken up yet.

As I am debating slapping myself out of it, Yusuf's decides to speak.

"Good morning" He says casually kissing my right cheek.

I look at him dumbfounded

What is going on for the love of Allah?

"Is this a dream?" I blurt out before I could stop myself. I look at him waiting for an answer then he opens his mouth but no words come out instead it's a loud laugh.

I look at him waiting for him to answer completely serious as he finally realizes that I am not joking he stops laughing. He looks at me for a second then a very creepy smile appears on his mouth or shall I say a very creepy smirk.

I look at him still with my puzzled face then he finally opens his mouth to speak.

"Noor this isn't a dream, you're my wife now," he shrugged "besides aren't the husbands supposed to take care of their wives?" His nonchalant smirk still in its place, "It can't be a dream with you looking like this." He says as he looks at me and points to my face, making me even more confused. That's when it hit me.

I look at the mirror opposite the bed and just as I expected I saw myself looking as awful as ever.

My hair was sticking everywhere and I still had some of the eyeliner from yesterday because I was too lazy to take it off. Thanks to Salma's amazing idea to use waterproof eyeliner, the liner only smudged and wasn't washed away in the shower. All in all, I looked like a zombie that just came out of the grave.

I hurriedly went to the bathroom with my cheeks burning red from embarrassment. Once I was done with fixing myself I went out of the bathroom and saw Yusuf still in his place looking amused as ever. I went and sat down, knowing Yusuf will make a joke I held up my hand and turned to him with a glare.

"Don't even." I said sternly which obviously amused him even more because he bit his lips from laughing and slowly shook his head.

"What?" He asked faking innocence.

"Don't what me, you know exactly what I mean." I said to him with the deadliest glare that I could muster.

"Okay, okay I won't. Now eat." He said as he grabbed a piece of the toast that was soaked with blueberry jam, my favorite. I licked my lips and started to make a toast myself but suddenly Yusuf's hand was blocking my view.

"What?"

"Just open your mouth." Yusuf said.

"Why would I open my mou-" I was cut off before I could finish not with words but with the toast that was in Yusuf's hand. I looked at Yusuf with a questioning look on my face. He just motioned for me to chew so I did.