***Chapter 24***

Edited

CHAPTER24

I squinted, as the whiteness of the room hit me. I tried to open them once more, and finally after a few attempts my eyes were open.

I looked around, and all I could see was white and the sound of that annoying beeping. God, why doesn't anyone turn that alarm off? I have a huge headache.

I groaned as I heard the beeping sound once again and closed my eyes.

"Noor, babe. Are you awake?" I heard a voice ask and I just groaned again in response.

"Noor, can you hear me?" I heard the voice ask again. I mumbled something and waved my hand around.

I felt a hand engulf mine and warmth spread through my body.

I tried to open my eyes once again but ended up squinting from the light. I blinked a few times, until I was finally able to open my eyes a little.

I looked around a little and I saw white walls I looked over to my hand seeing a cannula had been put in it., and I realized the beeping sounds are the beats of my heart.

I am in a hospital.

The events of what happened came across my mind in a flash.

Yusuf.

Is he okay? What happened to him?

I felt myself panic, and my heart beats picked up.

I felt a hand squeeze mine.

"Babe, it's okay. You're okay."

I looked over to the familiar face, his words soothing me sending tingles down my spine.

He is okay. Alhamdulilah Ya Rab.

I let out a sigh of relief and whispered "Alhamdulilah you are okay Yusuf."

I held my hand slowly reaching to cup his cheek. He closed his eyes then kissed my palm.

"I should be the one saying this to you love, you have no idea how you scared me. Sacred us." He whispered, opening his eyes.

The emotions in his eyes were on display and I could see everything in it. The pain, the regret, for something I couldn't quite understand, but it made his eyes sparkle.

His face looked so tired, like he hadn't been sleeping. The bags under his eyes proving my thought.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

He held my hand in his "For about a day."

"Have you been sleeping or eating? You look so tired." I questioned him.

He rolled his eyes at me.

"I am fine, really." He then looked into my eyes. "I am just so happy that you are okay Noor. I don't know what I would've done if anything happened to you." His voice sincere and his eyes looked vulnerable as they bored into mine.

"I heard that you were awake Mrs. Alsadiq." A voice said startling the both of us.

Breaking eye contact with Yusuf, I came face to face with a beautiful woman. She was standing there smiling at me. Dressed in a white coat, it was clear that she was the doctor.

I smiled back at her "Guess I am."

"We will just check with you and see how you're doing." She said, and moved forward.

"I should call Khalo and Ameen. As well as all the people who wanted to see you yesterday. I will be back soon." Yusuf said, kissed my forehead his lips lingering there before whispering once more. "Alhamdulilah you're fine Noor. You have no idea how happy I am to see you fine."