***Chapter19***

Please read author's note at the end.

~*~*~*~*~

Edited

CHAPTER19

Noor's POV

I feel my eyes burn, burns with the tears that I refuse to let down, I close my eyes tight and then take a deep breath.

I don't know what to make of the call that I just got. But I have to do this. If not for me then for Yusuf. He deserves to know everything.

I open them and look at myself in the mirror.

I had my long chestnut hair down. My favorite dress on. I looked fine, but then I looked at my face. The look in my eyes, reminding me of my old self. So emotionless, so blank. I try to smile, but my eyes are so blank that even though my lips stretched to a full-blown smile, I looked like I felt nothing. Like a statue with a smile imprinted on it.

I know it's wrong to be like this. I know, but I need to prepare. I need to prepare for the pain I will feel for the rest of my life. I need to prepare for my heart to be shattered, because right now there is no going back.

I wash my face then walk out of the bathroom, head to the living room where Yusuf is waiting.

*****

Yusuf's POV

Once I get home, Noor welcomes me in with the warmest smile on her face, her eyes shining, but I notice not from happiness. She is sad.

Nonetheless, I return her smile with one of my own. I hug her immediately and spin her around.

She giggles then I sit her down.

I look down at her, she looks so beautiful, No, more than beautiful.

She makes my heart beat so fast that I feel like I'll faint, but then again, doesn't she always?

Her beautiful big blue eyes staring at me with so much innocence that takes my breath away. Her smile, so big and natural on her face.

"What is the occasion for my wife to look so lovely this evening? Not that I mind at all." I wink at her.

She playfully punches me on my shoulder then glare. "Are you saying that I don't look good other days?" She asked trying to sound serious, and she would've probably succeeded, if it wasn't for that playful look in her eyes.

"Of course you do. You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen"

I kiss her on the cheeks, making her go red.

I put my forehead on hers.

"I love it when you blush, because of me." I whisper to her, but when I look into her eyes, she looks so sad.

What happened? What's the sudden change? She was smiling one moment, and the next she looked so sad.

I touch her cheeks trying to ask what's wrong, but she interrupts me, before any words could come out of my mouth.

"C'mon, let's go. I have prepared a delicious meal." She smiles at me, but her smile wavers for a second, before composing herself and dragging me to the dining room.

We both sat down then started eating, talking throughout the entire dinner. About nothing and everything, but then I remembered that she wanted me home early, so she could tell me something.

"Hey, Noor?"

"Mhmm"

"Why did you want me back early, was there something you wanted to tell me?" I ask, smiling at her. As soon as the words left my mouth, her expression changed, becoming serious.