***Chapter 25***

Edited

CHAPTER25

I looked ahead of me, as Salma's slight blush was evident. Her eyes wondering around avoiding Ameen's intense ones. She looked so shy yet so happy.

I felt a tear slide down and a hand squeeze mine.

"Noor, babe don't cry. You should be happy for them." heard Yusuf whisper in my ears.

"But I am happy, Yusuf. My big brother is getting married. You have no idea how happy I am. For the both of them." I laid my head on Yusuf's shoulder as he drew circles on my hand.

I watched Ameen lean down and whisper something in Salma's ear, making her go red. She playfully glared at him, as Ameen laughed. You could see her lips twitching trying not to smile.

I looked over at Yusuf, a faint smile on his lips. I knew he saw the exchange too.

It's been a week since I was released from the hospital. Yusuf has been taking care of me the entire time, not letting me do one work. I love him for how much he cares about me. He is so sweet and caring. Now that I think about it, I have no idea why I was ever scared of marrying this man.

I don't know how to tell him that I love him. I know I promised him that when we got home that I would tell him what was bothering me, but I couldn't. Every time I wanted to tell him, I froze. My mind would go blank.

Yusuf has been persistent that I tell him what was bothering me. I was just scared. I am scared, of how he would react, but I knew I had to tell him eventually, because it was killing me inside. So, I have decided to tell him today, and I will Inshallah.

I heaved a sigh as I lifted my head off Yusuf's shoulder. He looked at me questioningly.

"What is it?" He asked his eyes not leaving mine.

'I-I want to tell you what has been bothering me Yusuf." I replied looking down.

I felt a hand under my chin, then my head was lifted up, as my eyes connected to his.

"Hey, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I understand" His eyes sincere, but I could see the hint of curiousness inside of them.

I shook my head at him. "No, it's something you need to know, and I will tell you tomorrow Inshallah. No matter what your reaction could be"

He looked even more curious now. He searched my eyes. "You know that I care about you. A lot. And whatever it is you're going to tell me won't change my view towards you."

I nodded as I kissed his cheek.

I don't know if he could get any sweeter than he already is. I love him so much that my heart aches for him. I just wish he would feel the same thing.

After the wedding was finished, and every guest was gone, Salma and Ameen took their leave to the hotel they had reserved for a few days. They decided that they were going to live with Abbi, seeing how he'd be lonely by himself. I was happy with that. Abbi needed the company. As we will be gone next week for our honeymoon. I am so excited about it.

I have always wanted to go to Venice, and now, I finally I am.

I looked over at Salma and Ameen as they were about to leave.

"Can I speak to you for a few minutes before you leave?" I asked her.

I have been meaning to apologize to her for some time now. It was because of me that their wedding was delayed, and I knew how excited she was for that day. How excited they both were.