Shawn Mendes

"I'm dying. Just call a funeral home and make sure I have roses near my casket. I want to look good." My best friend, Shawn, was staring at me from the bean bag chair on the floor while I was wrapped like a burrito on my bed. "You'd be dead anyways." I covered my cough with my arm and squinted my eyes at him. "Doesn't mean I can't look good because it's clear I look like some serious shit right now." I stated the facts. My face was red, my eyes were itchy and probably red as well, my hair was supposed to be in a bun but half of it was falling out, and I probably had snot running down my face. Shawn had taken the day off to come over and keep me company. "I'm hungry." I said, licking my chapped lips. Shawn stood up and came over to my bed. "I'll cook whatever you want." I smiled, sitting up. Well, attempted too. I was seriously wrapped in my blankets like a crazy burrito. "Hey, no stay in bed. Rest." I waved my hand around, almost smacking myself in the face. "I need to pee anyways." Shawn just laughed, leading the way into the hallway. I waddled to the bathroom in my batman pajama pants and oversized grey sweater.

"OH MY GOD." I yelled, nearly punching the mirror once I seen what I looked like after doing my business. The door flew opened and Shawn stood there with a fork. "What?!" I didn't know whether to smile because he came to save me or laugh hysterically because his weapon was a fork. "A fork?" I asked, laughing a little. Shawn just rolled his eyes and left realizing there wasn't actually any danger. I turned back to the mirror and cringed. "Oh dear lord."

After nearly dunking my face in the sink, I headed back downstairs. My hair was going to stay like the rat nest it was. Shawn was down there sitting on a stool at the center island on his phone. "I don't know how you could look at me right now." I said, laughing dryly and then choking on air. After dying, I opened the fridge and just stared at the food. Shawn came up, wrapping his arm over my shoulder. "Go ahead and lie down on the couch, I'll make you some ramen noodles." He was just perfect. I nodded, suddenly shivering and spazzing like an idiot. "I have no control of my body right now." Shawn laughed, resting his chin on my shoulder. "Are you cold? I can give you my hoodie." I smiled, wiggling out from underneath his arm. He raised an eyebrow, grabbing his hoodie on his chest. "I have diseases." Shawn rolled his eyes and started to pull it over his head. His shirt lifted up a little and I nearly died at the sight of his lovely abs. He tossed the hoodie to me and I put it on. So comfy. "I can always wash it. Now come on." Shawn pushed me over to the couch, letting me lie down before tossing a blanket over me. "I feel like I'm being tucked in." I said laughing as he fixed the blanket at my feet. Shawn chuckled, kissing my forehead. It took everything in my body to not freak the fuck out. "I'd sing you a lullaby but you need to eat." He grabbed the remote and clicked the tv on while I just laid there staring at him like an idiot. "Okay, all good?" I just squeaked, my brain was a puddle at the moment. Shawn just smiled, shaking his head and then heading back into the kitchen.

Once I was able to breathe, I just lied there smiling and watching spongebob. A few minutes later though, Shawn's quiet voice filled my head. He was singing to himself, but I could hear it like I was standing right next to him. "Tell me you were happier with him, but you want me to stay. You told me that you needed time but you, you pushed me away and when you try to take me back, say someday you will change, but I don't wanna wait." He had such a beautiful voice. A minute later he popped up at my side with a bowl of noodles. I sat up and grabbed the bowl off him as he sat at the end of the couch. "How is it?" He asked me as I shoved my face with it. What? I was hungry. I gave him a thumbs up, finishing slurping a noodle I almost dropped. "Good, good." Shawn let me eat my delicious noodles in peace as he laughed at Patrick. Watching him, I smiled to myself. His smile was beautiful as he laughed, his head tilting to the side a little. Too bad I look like shit right now. I set my bowl down, pulling the blankets back up to my chin. "Good?" I nodded, suddenly feeling tired. Shawn smiled, leaning towards me a little. "Wanna go back up to your bed?" I shook my head, way too tired to move. My body felt drained now as I covered a yawn. Shawn's smile knocked the breath out of me as he slipped his arm underneath me, still with the blanket, and carried me back to my bed. He tucked me in again. "You're going to make a great father some day." I blurted out. As he stared at me wide eyed, I pulled the blankets over my head to cover my embarrassment. My bed dipped next to me as Shawn laid down. The blankets were pulled down from my face. "Yeah?" I chuckled, smacking his shoulder and flipped onto my side so I was facing him. "Yeah." Whether I wanted to smile or not, I was smiling like a profound idiot. Shawn got under the covers with me, wrapping an arm around my waist. "That's nice to hear." I looked up at him, trying to ignore the butterflies deep in my stomach. Shawn started to lean into kiss me, but I turned my head causing him to kiss my cheek. "I don't wanna get you sick." I whispered. He shook his head, wrapping his arm tighter around my waist while with his other hand he brushed back my hair and held my cheek. "I don't care." Well then. This time I didn't turn his head as his soft lips touched mine. "You might need to contact that funeral home again." I admitted, my heart ready to jump out from my chest and fly up to heaven. Shawn laughed, letting me cuddle into his side. "Alright then my little angel." I fell asleep with a smile on my face.